Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I think my PW has had enough restarts for one day. Geesh! It took some fiddling but I finally got it to work. I had to rename my fonts to link to the same family using Font Creator. Not needed the old way but it works now.

I now have my Amasis back! I's so happy!
Give my modified Charis SIL a try. It looks pretty good on a Kindle.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?64cse2dshispx08

There is also a smallcaps family included in the archive which is good for use with KF8.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-30-2013 at 02:36 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would appreciate if someone would try my modified Charis SIL on a PW and get a screen shot of shut so I can have a look. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #33
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would appreciate if someone would try my modified Charis SIL on a PW and get a screen shot of shut so I can have a look. Thanks.
Will do, soon as I get out of this prison they call work in the morning.

Edit: Never mind, see next post. They look good. I like how the aa works on these on PW - that should be really smooth on 212ppi eink

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-10-2013 at 10:23 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Here you go, JS Wolf. I had to rename the files before they would show up on my PW. (Charis SIL Regular.ttf, Charis SIL Bold.ttf, etc).

First picture is with font set to second to the smallest; second picture set to fourth from smallest. Both with line spacing set at medium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_11T11_06_46+0800.png
Views:	1805
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	99188   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_11T11_06_32+0800.png
Views:	1515
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	99189  
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thank you xtine, the modified Charis SIL does render well on the PW.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you xtine, the modified Charis SIL does render well on the PW.
Yes it does. It looks a lot darker than the Palatino I'm using. I'm trying it out for a while to see which I like better. Thank you for sharing the font with us
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Yes it does. It looks a lot darker than the Palatino I'm using. I'm trying it out for a while to see which I like better. Thank you for sharing the font with us
I've posted the link for this in other threads. But not for the Kindle as there was no easy way to use it outside of KF8. Now that there is, I want to share it here.

Glad you like it. On my 650 is does not bad in low light.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #38
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Gotta say, MT Chinese Surrogate looks amazing on the PW. So dark and refined even on the smallest setting. Thanks Duckie for the ALT FONT tip!
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #39
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
Gotta say, MT Chinese Surrogate looks amazing on the PW. So dark and refined even on the smallest setting. Thanks Duckie for the ALT FONT tip!
You are welcome. It's been around a while in the dev subsforum. I just made it into a simple guide ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
I tried it but the words were spaced funny in my book using it. I'm gonna add John's font. Right now I am using Amasis Modified for the eInk. I love we can add more than one font though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #41
xtine
Addict

Blossom, would you mind sharing where you got your Amasis from? I downloaded Amasis MT but the text came out looking a little thin on my PW.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Blossom, would you mind sharing where you got your Amasis from? I downloaded Amasis MT but the text came out looking a little thin on my PW.
It was from the old Nook Android App. It was then modified ,weight added to it and tweaked a bit to look good on eInk.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #43
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It was from the old Nook Android App. It was then modified ,weight added to it and tweaked a bit to look good on eInk.
Thanks, I had the Nook app on my Mac a few months ago and I really liked the way Amasis looked on it
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

There is floating around some different weight modified for eInk Georgia fonts. I have them and I have tried them on a Kindle Touch. They didn't look good. The text was on not even. Some of the letters were higher then others. It was not a pretty sight. If anyone sees these fonts, just pass them by.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
There is floating around some different weight modified for eInk Georgia fonts. I have them and I have tried them on a Kindle Touch. They didn't look good. The text was on not even. Some of the letters were higher then others. It was not a pretty sight. If anyone sees these fonts, just pass them by.
I tried those on my K3 once. They looked funny.

I have Charis SIL installed now and it looks really nice.