Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
New Hardback Release? how quick do they arrive on eBook?

Im guessing this has to do with the publisher, but im still going through the long proccess of research an e-reader, and one question that popped up was how quick new books move over to the ebook form.

for example robin hobb's new novel is coming out in march, and i was wondering how quick sites like fictionwise are in getting, and also is the kindle store faster?
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grechzoo View Post
Im guessing this has to do with the publisher, but im still going through the long proccess of research an e-reader, and one question that popped up was how quick new books move over to the ebook form.

for example robin hobb's new novel is coming out in march, and i was wondering how quick sites like fictionwise are in getting, and also is the kindle store faster?
This is a hot topic at the moment. Some publishers are wanting to delay the release of ebooks until some months after the hardback. Most are releasing ebooks simultaneously with the hardback, but possibly at silly prices.

A rare few release simultaneously and at good prices.

One will actually release a final draft version some months BEFORE the hardback and real ebook release.

On the whole, I expect it to become the norm for ebook and hardback release to be simultaneous, with the ebook being just a little cheaper than the hardback (after discounts).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
One thing I like about Sony is they always post the new releases on Monday nights (books are supposed to get released on Tuesdays).

If the publisher doesn't stink, usually the book comes up the same day as the pbook release.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Thats a good question.

Stephen King's newest didn't come out until 6 weeks after the hardback.

Came out 'on the dark side' two days after the hardback.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840

...and how would YOU know Grandma?? Been lurking where you shouldn't again??
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post

...and how would YOU know Grandma?? Been lurking where you shouldn't again??
Oh my heavens no!!! I just hear these things.......usually here...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
It depends a lot on the publisher, but it looks like Eos is releasing the ebooks on the same day as the hardcover. If you go to Amazon's and Fictionwise's web site, Amazon had the Kindle edition of her last book on the same day as hardcover, but Fictionwise apparently released it the following Monday.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I have found with the last four books I've been waiting for that if I go to Sony's bookstore or to booksonboard they release at midnight. For example, if the pbook version comes out Feb 9th on the 8th if I'm up at midnight and I go to either one of those sites the book I want is there. And then another book I was waiting for came out a week ahead of time at booksonboard, so those are always the 2 places I check when a new book releases. Fictionwise IMHO is a gamble-sometimes they have it, sometimes they don't. But I have better luck at Sony's store or BoB, and Kobo isn't a bad place for new releases either
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote