Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Video of the Sony Reader Daily Edition

Greetings,

I went to the Sony Style store in Annapolis and tried out the Daily Edition prototype they had on display. On the whole, it was pretty nice. The one extra inch of screen space didn't do much for me, but I didn't check it out with a PDF. The two-page view was quite nice. The Sony Store was just a demo, but looked nice. I did notice that the screen was less glare-prone than the 600 and looked slightly clearer. I am seriously tempted, especially if they get extend the 500 trade-in offer to include this device. I've posted a quick video that I made.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The video appears to be broken.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The video appears to be broken.
I just uploaded it so it is most likely still processing.
Can I attach videos to a post?

Luqman

Edit: It's working now.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I just uploaded it so it is most likely still processing.
Can I attach videos to a post?

Luqman
It works now.

You can attach videos, but I think the size limit is 20MB.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Worked for me, though the quality of the video was not great.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Interesting. Wish I could justify spending the money on another reader!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I really think I would like that landscape two page layout...I imagine that feels very book like. The only thing about landscape mode is it's probably a two handed operation for me because of the balance. These hands have a hard time even holding a pen/pencil anymore let along an ebook device that might feel a bit heavier because of how some of the weight is extended out away from the hand. Momentum can be a pain in the rear.

BTW, thanks for the video...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I like the screen! It does seem to have less glare than PRS-600 or it could be just the light in the store. Seems pretty readable though.
Thanks Luqman!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Thanks for the video, my interest in the 900 is growing exponentially... I wish I could justify getting a new reader...
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
JanieGirl
JanieGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
That looks excellent. How is the Sony ebook store? How much smaller is it than Amazons and does it have high prices? Free ebooks? I heard it doesn't offer much compared to the Kindle or the Nook so just need some info.

Thanks
JanieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
dreadcptflint
Enthusiast
dreadcptflint began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Great video Luqman.
dreadcptflint is offline   Reply With Quote