Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
kentmatt
kentmatt doesn't litterkentmatt doesn't litter

Device: none
Graphic Designers: leave the font size alone!

This is an open letter to all the pinheaded graphic designers out there who just don't get ebooks.

LEAVE THE r%@#$ FONT SIZE OF THE BODY TEXT ALONE, YOU MORONS!

While I expect individuals who are self-publishing or who are not familiar with all of the ins and outs of electronic publishing to make such mistakes, but the people who get paid for this in the big publishing houses SHOULD HAVE THEIR NOSE RINGS PULLED OUT WITH PLIERS.

What am I referring to? When I look at the css embedded in commercially published epubs, the graphic designers, highly sensitive to the visual appeal of their books, have changed the font size of the paragraphs to 'small' or '80%' or some other dumbass thing.

So I have to tweak my epubs before loading them onto my reader so that they correctly display according to the font size that I, AS THE BLOODY READER OF THE BOOK, HAVE CHOSEN, rather than conforming to some clearly under-educated 'professional' who thinks THEY should decide.

Smarten up, or go back to screwing up the formatting of web pages.
kentmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Fortunately, it's easy to change the formatting of ePUB books, unlike other formats.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert