Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
What app do you use? BTW, phone carriers in the USA tend to not support number blocking without a good reason. And when they do allow it they usually charge extra for the service. I'm currently using the blocking method wherein I created a contact named "Ignore" and add the phone numbers I want to ignore. I then set the ring tone to use a "silent" tone (which I had to record), set the vibrate to off, etc. The "Ignore" calls still come through but I don't usually notice them because the iPhone doesn't sound a tone or vibrate for them. Clunky, but it works. I would prefer a good app though.
Oh, thats a good idea. The blocking in iOS7 doesnt let the call through at all. I too would like to know which app (and does it require a jailbreak, because I'm over all that)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
Roice59
Roice59 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
couldn't agree more... although on my ipad mini it keeps freezing for some reason
Roice59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #18
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roice59 View Post
couldn't agree more... although on my ipad mini it keeps freezing for some reason
Yeah, it still needs to be optimized for the iPad a lot more still. Apple has a lot on their hands at the moment though with the Developer Center backend needing to be redone completely, so I think the next iOS beta will be a little late.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

Those of you testing out the iOS 7 betas have been awfully quiet the past month! Any news on how well iOS 7 is working out? Looks like we are within a week and a half or so of the announcement of new toys and perhaps of the release of iOS 7. I'm interested in knowing how the battery life has been affected by iOS 7. I hear from other places that it has decreased battery life on older iPhones like the 4S. Mine is a 5 so I need to see how it has been affected, if at all.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #20
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Those of you testing out the iOS 7 betas have been awfully quiet the past month! Any news on how well iOS 7 is working out? Looks like we are within a week and a half or so of the announcement of new toys and perhaps of the release of iOS 7. I'm interested in knowing how the battery life has been affected by iOS 7. I hear from other places that it has decreased battery life on older iPhones like the 4S. Mine is a 5 so I need to see how it has been affected, if at all.

Battery life on the 4S: overnight my phone (if its at 100%) on 6.1.3 doesnt do much, it might drop by 2% at most. On iOS7b6 it dropped by 15%. Thats just laying on the bedside table. I hear that on the 5 its not much better. I can say that for my phone, there has been zero improvement in battery life from the first beta to the 6th. I've decided not to upgrade. I did it long enough to establish that Stanza is still crippled and am no longer interested in the upgrade. I detest the UI anyway.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, I got rid of it too. I don't keep my iPad away from my charger long enough to see the battery drain.

There was this new thing I just HAD to try out though, so I downgraded.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

Okay thanks! New iOSes traditionally cause a hit on the battery, and smartphones don't excel in battery life as it is... I guess I'll wait a month or so after it is released to see how it does for those who upgraded iPhone 5's. Really not much in iOS 7 that makes me want to upgrade anyway. I'll probably upgrade my iPad 3 though once it is released since I keep it plugged in most of the time anyway. It will make a good test device to see if I want to upgrade the iPhone 5 later on.