Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use it at 22 level of the 24 possible almost all the time. In low light I drop the PW light to 18. However, I prefer using my KFHD7-32 in low light with auto-brightness on and white fonts on the black screen.

My goal in use is reading enjoyment and comfort, not long battery life. The PW looks really great with the 22 light level. Its screen whiteness fades in appearance as the light level is reduced.

Also, I recharge at 15% - not 0% as some others do.

However, each PW should be used down to 0% at least once to calibrate the battery meter and to fully activate all the chemicals in the Lithium battery. At the 15% level a warning appears on the screen and at the 0% level the entire screen freezes with a picture of a battery icon, a wire and a lightning bolt.
Actually, that information is incorrect.
A Lithium battery should never be completely empty, as the cells could enter into a state where charging them will become impossible, and battery life drastically drops.
The best is to charge your batteries between 50 and 60%, and charge them to 80 or 95%.
Normally these devices are protected for over/under voltage though, but still... You never want it to reach any of those 2 states!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote