Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
ramstoria
ramstoria began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Issue with files on Kindle Paperwhite

Sorry, if this has been posted before. I tried to search, but couldn't find anything... I loaded a nice chunk of books onto my new kindle paperwhite, but I'm having a problem with how the files are organized on the kindle. At first everything seemed fine when I had "all items" selected and sorted by author. But after a use or two they got all mixed up.

Now, about half the books show up under "docs" and can be sorted by author, title, etc. But they only show up under "all item" when I sort by recent or title. If I sort by author, they don't show up at all.

Any ideas on what the problem is? I'm not a fan of the new kindle paperwhite organization as it is (compared to my old kindle 3). Could this have to do with Calibur? Or maybe messing with the metadata in Calibur (this is my suspicion, but I can't tell that I've done anything wrong)? All the files are MOBI. Should I not use Calibur and just copy via Windows? I'd like to avoid jailbreaking if possible. So, any ideas?
ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Two things I would try:

1. Restart the Kindle.

2. Sync with Amazon.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert