Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any recommendation eBook reader with a 5" screen in Canada?

Hi, can anyone recommend an eBook reader with a 5" screen that can be purchased in Canada? By boyfriend has a Kobo with a 6" screen, but I prefered the size if my old Astak EZ Reader with a 5" screen, but that cracked :-(

If you know of anything in Canada, please let me know, thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Hi, can anyone recommend an eBook reader with a 5" screen that can be purchased in Canada? By boyfriend has a Kobo with a 6" screen, but I prefered the size if my old Astak EZ Reader with a 5" screen, but that cracked :-(

Might be a little tricky to find in Canada at a good price, but if you can get one, the Sony PRS-350 is a wonderful little 5 inch reader.

Here in the U.S. Best Buy has them for $119(USD) on their website, but I am not sure if they would ship to Canada.

Sadly, the twits who run Sony's own 'SonyStyle' web page still have them listed for Sony's absolutely ludicrous $179.99 list price. (apparently Sony has decided to retreat into fantasy rather than face up to current market realities.)

If Sony doesn't wise up, they will be gone from the eReader market soon, but that's not a reason to avoid the PRS-350, because it's well made and should still be good for years of service, and it uses the standard Adobe EPUB format, so you don't have to rely on buying books from Sony.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post

not too sure about prices, but you candefintiely buy the Pocketbook 360 or 360 Plus (newer model, with wifi) in Canada. Dulin's books, a very helpful user of this forum, also ships to Canada, you may also contact him directly to inquire.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote