Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sneak peek at the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 packaging

The Bookeen blog has posted a picture of what the packaging will look like for their third generation reading device, the Cybook Gen3. I know the box shouldn't matter all that much, but somehow just seeing a decent box can get you all excited about a product. (Click through to the full article page, and then click on the thumbnail to see the full sized picture.)

Watch MobileRead or the Bookeen blog for upcoming news. Or subscribe directly to the Bookeen newsletter here.

First spotted by MobileRead member tompe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicPack.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	6635  
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
It's good to see, the blog had been quiet for a while. It's promising to see that the online shop is opening soon too.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Somehow, the box at that angle makes me think of the 2001 Monolith...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Great minds think alike!

I was thinking *EXACTLY* the same thing!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Great minds think alike!

I was thinking *EXACTLY* the same thing!

Derek
My God... it's full of stars!
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bookeen to the public on getting the Gen3 out in October....

"I'm sorry Dave, I cannot do that."
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
My God... it's full of stars!
Or electrons, anyway...

And when the device comes out, someone can say: "Well, I'll be damned if I can find anything wrong with it!"
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #8
afiggatt
afiggatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Is the box in a 1:4:9 size ratio? If so, cue the music...
afiggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
bowerbird
Banned
bowerbird has been very, very naughtybowerbird has been very, very naughtybowerbird has been very, very naughty

bob said:
> I know the box shouldn't matter all that much, but somehow
> just seeing a decent box can get you all excited about a product.

that's a frank admission, bob... :+)

i've got quite a few boxes here that i can sell you, if you'd like... ;+)

-bowerbird
bowerbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
second test, test