Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
Kindle2 error with reading pdf files.

My new & very aggrivating Kindle2 (firmware=2.3) is not able to read pdf files. What up??!

the error msg reads: "Your Kindle has encountered an unexpected error. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the menu in settings and try again." It did persist (tried 3 different files) and restarted 3x to no avail. HELP! Shall I try to bring files over once more? What is the best way to do so?

If the files are DRM'd, is there a way to deDRM them as I did with .mobi files?
BTW, thanks for all your guys help on doing the above!
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi neadams99 and welcome to MobileRead. Knowledgeable Kindle owners should log on and answer your question.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Kindle does not read DRM'ed PDF files. Where are your PDF files coming from?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
hey, duck, How are you? You are awesome to continue to provide your expertise on these vexing deDRM matters to all us novices.
Thanks for your help on the mobi file conversions. Now, I'd like to deDRM the PDF files from my local library.

I saw a response where I was to go to http://paste2.org/p/647889 I tried to make a _plugin.py for my Calibre software and then it should've worked. I found the instx lacking for me, a newbie. I know I didn't do something right. It didn't work. I began with the instx for Epub/PDF: I omitted the fist part that related to mobi/prc files as I already can do that. The other issue is that the first link was broken: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=DRM_R...d7ab29d0c8bbb9
I must not have done something as I couldn't get Calibre to recognize it as a plugin. Steps I followed: copied and pasted the script to notepad as a (.txt file) beginning with the line 24. Saved as "PDF_plugin.py". Went to documents and created a .zip folder with the .txt file in it. This seems wrong to me. How is python to recognize the file or run it? Should I have copied it into the Python26/tools/scripts file?? Anyway, the Calibre was not able to help me out deDRM the PDF files like I though & hoped it may.
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site.

I know nothing about kindles to be honest with ya.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Check out the subforum for the kindle when you get a chance buddy.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
.pdf, error message, kindle2