Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Memorable quotes or scenes from books you hold dear?

Sometimes when a book has been really important to me, a scene or a snippet of dialogue or something like that is etched in to my mind. I can't think of the book without seeing that particular scene or reliving that dialogue.

If you feel the same way, which memorable quotes or scenes from books do you hold dear?

I'll start out:

Quote:
"Like a dog!" he said, it was as if the shame of it should outlive him.
Kafka: The Trial

Quote:
Madman! Madman!
E.A. Poe: The Fall of the House of Usher

Quote:
I would prefer not to
Herman Melville: Batleby the Scrivener

Quote:
Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.
Camus: The Stranger

and SPOILER ALERT

Quote:
All is good
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter 7

The last one I'm not to thrilled about, since I thought it was a weak ending. Nevertheless I can't think of Harry Potter without those words popping to mind.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
"Doué d'une naïveté permanente, il vivait plus que les autres."
("Gifted with a permanent naiveté, he lived more than the others.")

--Boris Vian, L'écume des jours
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert