Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #31
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I may try to do that at Best Buy here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just wish Radio Shack had the GlowLight for $29.97 on their website so I could get them to pricematch that. For anyone who might want to see if their RS still has one in stock (unlikely), the catalog number is 42-1011. Good luck with your price match. Neither store gave me any issues. They just brought it up online and verified it. The second one MAY have used the Find In Store functionality to verify it, but I'm not sure.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #33
frodex
frodex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just tried to price mach with BestBuy but they answered:

"I do apologize but we only price match with our major online retailers. I found that we don't recognize RadioShack as one of them. However, we will match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase. We will also match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com"

I´ll try to find someone to buy local and send me one to Brazil
frodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #34
glnnjnsn
Enthusiast
glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nook Simple Touch
Just FYI:

After telling someone else (who was looking for an e-reader) about the Nook deal, they phoned me back from the store to let me know that also on clearance was the Kindle Touch 3G with special offers for $49.97 (Amazon's price for a certified refurbished one is $129). And from earlier posts it sounds like some have found Nooks w/ Glowlight, and a Kindle Keyboard on clearance.

So if you are not too particular about what e-reader you want (or they are out of it) it might still be worth it to ask an employee if they have any other e-readers on clearance.
glnnjnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #35
davey1998
davey1998 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
My local Wal-Mart price matched Radio Shacks price on the simple touch. I just had to show the department manager the ad and they matched the price for me.
davey1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #36
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnnjnsn View Post
...Kindle Touch 3G with special offers for $49.97...
Now THAT is tempting... if I could find that deal on a new one, I'd be willing to give the Kindle a go...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #37
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Just got back from a swing through the Radio Shacks round the area. (I have five within a 15 minute radius).

First one had one STR and one Glo. I cleaned them out.
They also had the Kindle Keyboard 3G for $39 and the Nook Tablet 8GB for $59. They had the Kindle Touch (with audio) for $59.
They had M-Edge leather cases for Nook at $4.97...
(This one: http://portables.about.com/od/ebookr...-Go-Review.htm)
...and for the various Kindles at $7.97. It looks like they're getting out of ereaders altogether.

The next stop at the big regional Mall had just one STR. They suggested the M-Edge case before I asked about it.

Third stop, they apparently had plenty. I picked up a second Glo and another case.
The staff tried to sell me a refurbed iPad Mini "at a discount". I passed.
Since I'd filled my target of likely stocking stuffers, I didn't check the other two sites.

The $10 discounts are good from 5-14 through 6-03 so no getting a $10 STR today.
(shrug)
I didn't even know about that sweetener.

They had a lot of different M-Edge cases on clearance at all the sites.
They are very nice so if you have a use for a reader or tablet case, swing by your local RS.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
photon17
Enthusiast
photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Too many
Stock for the Nook STR just came back in to two stores near me.
photon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #39
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Looks like Radioshack online isn't showing the NST anymore at all. I know it was showing just a couple of hours ago, since I tried to get Best Buy to price match ( they wouldn't since it was out of stock at RS).
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I might do is have a go at some local Radio Shack stores to try to find the cover for $5.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #41
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnnjnsn View Post
Just FYI:

After telling someone else (who was looking for an e-reader) about the Nook deal, they phoned me back from the store to let me know that also on clearance was the Kindle Touch 3G with special offers for $49.97 (Amazon's price for a certified refurbished one is $129). And from earlier posts it sounds like some have found Nooks w/ Glowlight, and a Kindle Keyboard on clearance.

So if you are not too particular about what e-reader you want (or they are out of it) it might still be worth it to ask an employee if they have any other e-readers on clearance.
Thanks for pointing this out. I got the catalog number (42-0921) from another site and called my local Radio Shack and got them to check stock for me this morning. According to their computer, two stores in the district had one each. One store is about 90 miles away and the other is about 30 miles away. This afternoon, I decided to drive to the closer one to see if they actually had one. When I got there, they still had the signs up where they could order the Nook SimpleTouch and Kindle Touch 3G along with the normal prices ($149.99 for the Kindle). I asked the girl behind the counter if they had one in stock and she said she thought so. I asked her to check the price to verify it was on clearance. She seemed shocked when she discovered it was $49.97 and asked her coworker if he knew it was only $49.97. He responded that he didn't know. She checked the stock and said they were apparently the only one in the district who had one. (I didn't tell her I'd already researched it.) Her coworker got it out of the back and I bought it. She told me repeatedly how lucky I was and what a good deal it was. She also mentioned that they had had lots of calls on the Nook. I guess I should have bought one of the Kindle cases on the clearance table while I was at it.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
They also had the Kindle Keyboard 3G for $39 and the Nook Tablet 8GB for $59.
Thanks for the heads-up on this! Based on just $40 for the Kindle Keyboard I've made my first eReader purchase. Looking forward to seeing how I like this vs. my regular tablet.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #43
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Thanks for the heads-up on this! Based on just $40 for the Kindle Keyboard I've made my first eReader purchase. Looking forward to seeing how I like this vs. my regular tablet.
Congrats on joining the eInk club. For long term reading, I'll take eInk over LCD any day.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #44
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Congrats on joining the eInk club. For long term reading, I'll take eInk over LCD any day.
My LCD got me back into reading after being away for several years. We'll just call it a gateway drug.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #45
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
My LCD got me back into reading after being away for several years. We'll just call it a gateway drug.
LOL, the good kind.