Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Remove tags and rating from save-to-disk

I'd like to remove tags and rating from books that I save to disk, I guess that I'm supposed to use the plugboards for that (?) but I am not sure how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Shouldn't filling the relevant metadata fields with blanks work?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
That is what I'm doing now, but then I have to delete and reinsert the metadata afterwards every time I want to save-to-disk. I'd like to be able to keep my ratings and the tags intact in the library without the nuisance of deleting/reinserting because I don't want the ratings-tags on the save-to-disk opf file.
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I meant in the plugboards. Just add a plugboard adding a blank field in the relevant metadata fields for save to disk.

Edit: I just saw that plugboards don't support ratings as an output field. Still, you should be able to get rid of the tags.

Last edited by Manichean; 11-08-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
RandySpurlock
RandySpurlock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm trying to do the same thing and the plugboard did not work. In general if I supply a tag as blank (in the Calibre metadata database or the plugboard) it won't overwrite the existing file tags (it will if I put something in like "Dummy Tag", but I'm trying to remove all the tags in the file).
RandySpurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySpurlock View Post
I'm trying to do the same thing and the plugboard did not work. In general if I supply a tag as blank (in the Calibre metadata database or the plugboard) it won't overwrite the existing file tags (it will if I put something in like "Dummy Tag", but I'm trying to remove all the tags in the file).
A blank field means do nothing. Try
Code:
program: ''
which is a non-empty way of saying put the empty string into the destination.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote