Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Automatically rename books with number of the serie

Hi at all. I have a lot of series with more that 3 books. there is a method for automatically rename al my books with their number before the name? For example:
book's name: "Hello!"
serioes: "hello! [3]"
after renaming: "3 - Hello!"

it's no important if i can do it only when i save my books on my kindle,but for me it's important that every books have his number before the name

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
Hi at all. I have a lot of series with more that 3 books. there is a method for automatically rename al my books with their number before the name? For example:
book's name: "Hello!"
serioes: "hello! [3]"
after renaming: "3 - Hello!"

it's no important if i can do it only when i save my books on my kindle,but for me it's important that every books have his number before the name
Plugboards and Templates are used to do this kind of thing when delivering content.
Send to device (used to side load):
Code:
{series_index:0>2s} - {title}
I always pad a leading 0 to support series longer than 9 books

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks for the help
i don't know where i'm wrong,but when i try to send to my kindle 4 the ebook you code doesn't work

This is my configuration:
format: any format
device: kindle 2
source model: {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
destination: title
Old 03-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the help
i don't know where i'm wrong,but when i try to send to my kindle 4 the ebook you code doesn't work

This is my configuration:
format: any format
device: kindle 2
source model: {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
IIRC (The wife has a grip on the K4) K4 uses metadata, not file name.

I think you can use the plug board . See the first 'Show' on this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...21&postcount=1
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Ansem_93
Zealot

nothing to do T_T
i had copied both this code in metadata plugboards:
Quote:
format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Quote:
format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
but nothing to do
i have calibre 0.9.24 64-bit and in the metada i have:
series: Johnny Maxwell
number: 2,00

but the title doesn't change when i send the ebook to the kindle

this is a screen of the second code:
Spoiler:

and this is the book:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-23-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Do you use the combined mobi format? I don't think plugboards work for them. Use either old mobi or azw3.

To change from the combined mobi format to the old one:
Preferences -> Output Options -> MOBI Output -> MOBI file type
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
Do you use the combined mobi format? I don't think plugboards work for them. Use either old mobi or azw3.

To change from the combined mobi format to the old one:
Preferences -> Output Options -> MOBI Output -> MOBI file type
nothing to do,i have tried allld,both,new and azw3. I tried also to convert before send to the kindle but nothing to do
It's possibile that calibre hate me? T_T or that is a bug of calibre 64-bit/0.9.24?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Choose any format and any device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Choose any format and any device.
any formats
any device
{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
title;
but nothing to do T_T
it's possibile that the problem is beacause the number in the metadata is a real (2,00) and not an integer(2)?

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-24-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are sending using the send to device button and not say emailling them, or using save to disk or copying them by hand or using the content server. And you haven't turned off the metadata writing plugins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You are sending using the send to device button and not say emailling them, or using save to disk or copying them by hand or using the content server. And you haven't turned off the metadata writing plugins.
i'm sending with the button or dragging on kindle icon. i don't try with email.
And i have tried both to convert before send and to send an epub so calibre converts automatically.

What did you min with "using the content server"?

I had controlled,all the plug in are green (enable),there only 4 plug-in disable(gray) in the section "metadata source plug-in"
The external plug-in that i have installed are:
-kindle collection
-quality check
-manage series
-view manager
-count pages

Last edited by Ansem_93; 03-24-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
i'm sending with the button or dragging on kindle icon. i don't try with email.
And i have tried both to convert before send and to send an epub so calibre converts automatically.

What did you min with "using the content server"?

I had controlled,all the plug in are green (enable),there only 4 plug-in disable(gray) in the section "metadata source plug-in"
The external plug-in that i have installed are:
-kindle collection
-quality check
-manage series
-view manager
-count pages
Right below Metadata Source is Metadata Writer. That was one of Kovid's questions

The content server is a Web Server interface built into Calibre (and obviously not enabled as you would have needed to do a few easy steps to set it up for use) that allows a device with a web browser to access books on your LAN (Router configuration is needed for WAN access)
Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Right below Metadata Source is Metadata Writer. That was one of Kovid's questions

The content server is a Web Server interface built into Calibre (and obviously not enabled as you would have needed to do a few easy steps to set it up for use) that allows a device with a web browser to access books on your LAN (Router configuration is needed for WAN access)
into metadata writer are all enable.

thanks for your explanation
Old 03-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Could you update your profile to indicate which K4 model this is about. They are different in the issues they pose.

I used the Kindle collections PI to create collections based upon series. I did not refine my technique before I turned over control (It was a gift )
Old 03-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Could you update your profile to indicate which K4 model this is about. They are different in the issues they pose.

I used the Kindle collections PI to create collections based upon series. I did not refine my technique before I turned over control (It was a gift )
sorry,i have the italian K4,it's black and without advertisement. Or you mean something other? sorry but i was thinking that there is only one k4

Tags
kindle, plugboard, series name