Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When and where should we meet up in Toronto:
Sat. July 25th, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York 3 37.50%
Sat. Aug. 15th, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York 2 25.00%
Sat. Aug. 22nd, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York 0 0%
Weekend August-ish evening-ish in North York 2 25.00%
Weekend August-ish noon-ish in North York 0 0%
Weekday August-ish evening-ish in North York 0 0%
Any weekday evening-ish at a Bar/Licenced establishment in North York 0 0%
Any weekend evening-ish at a Bar/Licenced establishment in North York 0 0%
Any weekday evening-ish at a Bar/Licenced establishment in Downtown T.O. 0 0%
Any weekend evening-ish at a Bar/Licenced establishment in Downtown T.O. 0 0%
I prefer an unlicenced location, please... 0 0%
None of these work for me, let's just wait until the fall. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Toronto, Canada - Let's now poll a date

Hi all,

Let's try and decide when and where to have our First Meet-up. I prefer the location suggested by ficbot, but let's hear (and see ) your choice as well!

Hope to see you there... wherever and whenever that is...

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-08-2009 at 08:55 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I think I coud've voted for 5 different options...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I think I coud've voted for 5 different options...
I was thinking of a multiple choice poll, but that would have set us BACK more than helped defined THE date to meet!

Actually, I think you don't even need a Poll to decide, it's just a ROAD-TRIP for you and that should be enough reason to go...

We'll see what transpires...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I was thinking of a multiple choice poll, but that would have set us BACK more than helped defined THE date to meet!

Actually, I think you don't even need a Poll to decide, it's just a ROAD-TRIP for you and that should be enough reason to go...

We'll see what transpires...
Which means you will come to Montréal on August 8th, since that will be a road trip for you!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I was going to say, the Anticipation/MR meetup is the 8th, so you gotta do another time...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Which means you will come to Montréal on August 8th, since that will be a road trip for you!
Ya, but I've got "clinging" baggage (wife and kids), so NOTHING is as easy as get up and gooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-17-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I was going to say, the Anticipation/MR meetup is the 8th, so you gotta do another time...
Yikes, I forgot to check my planner...

Pshrynk, given that both have no votes, could you just edit the descriptions for options 2 & 3 to be:

2. Sat. Aug. 15th, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York
3. Sat. Aug. 22nd, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York

Thanks!

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-08-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Oh darn!

"Lets now poll a date", I thought that meant something completely different and I was going to vote for Zelda. (Though how I'd get to France is another question.) Oh well, dating royalty would be a bit above my station anyway.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Yikes, I forgot to check my planner...

Pshrynk, given that both have no votes, could you just edit the descriptions for options 2 & 3 to be:

2. Sat. Aug. 15th, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York
3. Sat. Aug. 22nd, 11:30am at What a Bagel at Yonge & Eglinton in North York

Thanks!
Done!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Done!
Thanks! It's nice to have friends in high places...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 AM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Will Erica Strange be there?
After all, River Rock Publishing should be getting in on the e-book craze..

Last edited by AprilHare; 07-10-2009 at 02:56 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I voted, but I could have also gone with the august sometime in north york option. Anyone in scarborough / toronto can hitch a ride with me and Andrea to NY. I live 5 minute walk from the subway.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I voted, but I could have also gone with the august sometime in north york option. Anyone in scarborough / toronto can hitch a ride with me and Andrea to NY. I live 5 minute walk from the subway.
Sheesh, maybe it should have been a Multiple Choice Poll...
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Oh darn!

"Lets now poll a date", I thought that meant something completely different and I was going to vote for Zelda. (Though how I'd get to France is another question.) Oh well, dating royalty would be a bit above my station anyway.

pff. as if it were that easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Will Erica Strange be there?
After all, River Rock Publishing should be getting in on the e-book craze..
i think you should invite her.

Quote:
ALL polls should be multiple choice !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Laugh. Polls like this never work. The best thing to do is make an decision and then people can either make it or not.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote