Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Blackstone Audio to release audio books as DRM-free MP3s

From Cory Doctorow (via Boing Boing)
Quote:
Blackstone now joins with Random House Audio (the audio division of the world's largest publisher, Bertelsmann) in rejecting DRM for its audiobooks and I've heard off-the-record accounts of other major audiobook houses planning to do the same.
Cory goes on to speculate how Audible.com and Amazon will deal with these changes.

Another blow struck against the dreaded DRM, and for the customers right to actually own their own purchases.

More here.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Most if not all audiobook MP3 CD releases from everyone are DRM free offerings, so putting DRM on the download versions never has made sense.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-20-2008 at 02:40 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
great news !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
BooksOnBoard is carrying the DRM-free audiobooks now... and they're offering Dennis Miller's Ranting Again for free in the DRM-free MP3 format, which I thought was hilarious - I guess no one wanted to buy it? Here's the link if you want to download it (although I can't imagine wanting to listen to Dennis Miller rant for several hours...): link to Dennis Miller's Ranting Again in DRM-free MP3 audio book
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've been an Audible subscriber since 2001. I can have my audiobooks on 3 registered computers and 3 registered mp3 type devices plus I can burn to CD (don't want to do that). DRM has not been a problem for me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert