Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
PostGrant
Enthusiast
PostGrant began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise, Dell Axim X5
eBookwise 1150 firmware corruption

Hey guys, had a recent experience I thought I'd share here, since I found it only one place else on the web.

My nephew got a hold of my EBW1150, and I found its ruins - sitting on the floor with the media card slot flap open. The card was pulled half way out, and when I turned it on, I got only a plus-sign on the screen.

Turns out removing the memory card while unit is on can corrupt the firmware. It was no problem, though - it can be reloaded by copying the firmware files to a memory card and turning it on.

This is the second time I've had to deal w/ tech support/service at EBW, and I have been helped quickly both times. Good guys over there.
PostGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
Are the firmware files available on this forum? If not, would you consider posting them? Thanks!
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
I suspect that the very same firmware images used for migration should work for reflashing a corrupt firmware image.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Dajala
Enthusiast
Dajala began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS-505
Here is an upload of the eBookwise 1150 Recovery Firmware for anyone who needs it... http://rapidshare.com/files/24851884...e_Recovery.rar
Dajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
bajawind
bajawind began at the beginning.

Device: reb1150
HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajala View Post
Here is an upload of the eBookwise 1150 Recovery Firmware for anyone who needs it... http://rapidshare.com/files/24851884...e_Recovery.rar

I have an 1150 with the big plus sign. The migration files from EBW aren't doing the trick. Can someone please give me a good link for the firmware recovery files? PLEASE HELP!
bajawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajawind View Post
I have an 1150 with the big plus sign. The migration files from EBW aren't doing the trick. Can someone please give me a good link for the firmware recovery files? PLEASE HELP!
I suggest you contact eBook Technologies. I am sure they can get you going again.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote