Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #136
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
The Nexus 7 is the best, and favorite, device I have owned (since release) and I've owned many.
Have you had a chance to compare it to an iPad? (Of course, a more equal comparison would be between a Nexus 7 and an iPad Mini.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #137
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
The random reboots were a big problem for some at launch and there was also the squeaky back panel. Many returned their kindle keyboards because the back panel was squeaking and they thought that the casing would come away. Many also returned their kindle because of the rebooting and freezing.
So some of them had squeaky back panels from the factory? I thought I'd just sprung the clips when I rebuilt it to replace a cracked screen. Now I feel better about my handiwork! Thanks!!!
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #138
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
You can't compare an Ipad colour screen to an e-ink B&W screen. It is an absurd analogy.
Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #139
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Check out this video introducing the PW from Amazon.com.

Look at seconds 16 through 26 where they zoom in on the text. That is such blatant BS. No way the text ever looks that good. So definitely marketing BS and hype.
I went and looked at the video. Then I enlarged the fonts on my Paperwhite to the largest size. This is clearly more BS from jswinden. So far, I go with Kindle and dump jswinden.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #140
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Also, people are becoming more and more demanding, so there will be more and more bad reviews when even the slightest problem crops up. Also, remember that many people on the internet are basically morons with titanic mood swings, only able to give 5 stars or 1 star when it comes to writing reviews. I've seen someone give the Kindle 1 star because of not having a particular font that his former Kobo did have.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #141
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I saw a review that was "glowing" and effusive, espousing the PW's many virtues in a very lengthy monologue .

With 1 star! HEH... Made me chortle.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #142
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Also, remember that many people on the internet are basically morons with titanic mood swings, only able to give 5 stars or 1 star when it comes to writing reviews.
Funny, but also sad because it's true
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #143
simplicity787
simplicity787 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paper White
How to Install Playstore on Kindle Paperwhite?

Good day Everyone.

How can i use google play on my device? Sorry for that noob question. Could you help mo guys? I've done searching here in the group and even on google but nothings happened.

Kindly give me a link or instruction.

Thanks In Advance.
simplicity787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #144
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No. The PW is not an Android device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #145
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity787 View Post
Good day Everyone.

How can i use google play on my device? Sorry for that noob question. Could you help mo guys? I've done searching here in the group and even on google but nothings happened.

Kindly give me a link or instruction.

Thanks In Advance.
As HarryT says the Kindle Paperwhite (e-ink) is not an android device and cannot use the Google Play Store.

The Kindle FIRE (LCD) is an Android device and can be rooted to use the Google Play store.

If you really meant the Kindle Fire, search the XDA.com forums for instructions.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #146
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Kindle Paperwhite rises to 4.3 star rating on Amazon.com

Now with 10,469 people having rated it as of this writing, the Paperwhite Kindle has risen to 4.3 out of 5 stars. That's a very high degree of customer satisfaction in anyone's book.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote