Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Installer doesn't run on Windows 7

This isn't a big deal, but I'm dual-booting Vista (32-bit) and Win7, and Calibre won't install on Win7. The installer shows up in the process list, but never really starts.

Not sure if that's a priority for you (or even matters at all), but if I can do anything to help test it out, I'd be willing to. I know Win7's a beta and all, but just in case you wanted a tester...

Thanks and keep up the great work!!
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've had some reports of people getting it to run successfully on Windows 7. I'm not going to look into this right now as I have too many higher priority things on my plate, but thanks for the heads up
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have Windows 7 running in a VM under VMWare and the Calibre install runs fine on that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
ktwo
ktwo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'm running Windows 7 as my primary OS and it loaded ok for me.

Have tried running it in Windows XP (SP2) compatibility mode and letting it run with administrator privileges? I know that's not the ideal solution, but so long at Win 7 is in Beta, that may be the best solution.

-K2
ktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
I just installed in win 7 - 3000
and the installer is very slow
it took about 5-6 minutes.
On vista ultimate and xp about 45 seconds
I don't think it's calibre's fault
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
I did notice that the process comes up, but nothing happens. I'll give it another shot and just let it run for 5-10 minutes.

Edit:
Installer initially took about 5 min to start. Now it's running, slowly, but running.

thanks!

Last edited by drogo; 02-09-2009 at 08:22 PM.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote