Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
MR's ePub library and Calibre

If this is in the wrong place, sorry about that, and would some kind moderator please move it to the correct place?

I've run into an odd glitch with ePubs downloaded from here and from Project Gutenberg (I'll also notify them).

I'll download my ePub, bring it into Calibre, then it won't import to iTunes, complaining about a lack of something called "isoformat" (I'm very much a newbie to ePub/Calibre, so have no clue what that is). I worked around it by running the file(s) through Calibre's conversion process, going from ePub to ePub (to my surprise, Calibre very docilely did so instead of asking me if I was out of my mind, since source and destination formats were the same).

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in Calibre, a file issue, or just "normal".
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that's a bug in calibre, will be fixed in next release. You can work around the problem for the moment by converting from wpub to epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that's a bug in calibre, will be fixed in next release. You can work around the problem for the moment by converting from wpub to epub
wpub? The affected files, from both sources, at least claimed to be ePub. (Novice to this type of file/software here, but fairly competent with computers in general.)
Old 10-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is wpub?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it's epub + a typo
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Seanette
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
it's epub + a typo
Wasn't trying to hassle you, just confused (for all I knew, there really was such a thing as wpub ).

One of the virtues of Calibre is how accessible and responsive the author is when a user has questions.