Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New to kindle, few questions about international wireless delivery

When I want to buy a book, ( for example the hobbit), it costs me more than a person who's in the US. I know that, but when you select transfer via Computer, it says you can save transfer cost.
But the transfer cost was included in the book price, or is there some kind of discount?
Secondly, personal documents cost 0.99$ but does a sample cost money too?
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
- If you have a US address listed on your profile you can download the book to your computer and transfer it via USB to your kindle, it don't matter that your credit or debit card is international, for example:

I have my Mexican debit card with an hotel address on the US.

- When you buy the books from the device, Amazon knows that you are not in the US (maybe from the ip address or the location that the device inform to amazon) and they charge you the additional fee. And it also changes the location on the Amazon site.

- The samples don't cost money even if you are doing the transfer from the kindle on non US territory.
bzImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert