Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #76
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Does KOBO force firmware update through Wifi?

From their webpage:

"Kobo is dedicated to supporting our products. On occasion, we release software upgrades to ensure you have the best possible experience.

There are two ways to upgrade the software on your Kobo eReader:

Upgrade using Kobo Desktop.
Upgrade using a Wi Fi Internet connection."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #77
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Yay for the numbers being back in the sudoku's bottom bar!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #78
FHU130
FHU130 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
PDFs unreadable without refresh being set to 1 page

I've found since the update 2.5.0 that pdf ghosting is a problem.

A lot of my books are pdfs, I end up zooming in and moving the page around. The ghosting is so bad that if the page refresh isnt set to 1 page the pdf is very difficult to read.

Anyone else having this problem since the update.
FHU130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #79
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I have the latest update, everything seems to be fine. No ghosting as well.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #80
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHU130 View Post

A lot of my books are pdfs, I end up zooming in and moving the page around. The ghosting is so bad that if the page refresh isnt set to 1 page the pdf is very difficult to read.

I noticed that too; after panning the page once or twice the screen is pretty much unreadable.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #81
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Fascinating - I powered the Glo off, removed the SD card, inserted the SD card, and powered the Glo on ... and the books are now no longer protected by Adobe DRM .... wild!
same thing happened to me as well (previous fw though) and as with you on non-DRM books and before I had ADE setup....and once after I had it setup...but that had to do with expired library books.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #82
daminou28
daminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo Mini Software Update 2.5

Hi everyone!
I'm new here and I've tried many times to update my Kobo Mini 2.4 but it was a failure.
Is the 2.5 firmware available for the Kobo Mini?
I live in France (just in case it makes any difference for the release of the update).

Damien
daminou28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #83
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
2.5.0 is available to Australia through the Desktop...

That was fast, I think this is the first time I've been updated through the Desktop, except for the when I bought it.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #84
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminou28 View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and I've tried many times to update my Kobo Mini 2.4 but it was a failure.
Is the 2.5 firmware available for the Kobo Mini?
I live in France (just in case it makes any difference for the release of the update).

Damien
Yes it is available for the mini. There is no discernible pattern to how they roll it out (not by country or anything), so have some patience and it will come. If you're really impatient look in the "Kobo Developers Corner" subforum (find it at the top of the threads page) and you can find options to sideload it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #85
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHU130 View Post

I'm noticing that on my Glo too. It affects both PDFs and the web browser. Though on one hand the response time for scrolling is almost instantaneous now, the ghosting really is horrible.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #86
daminou28
daminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfoldeddaminou28 reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Mini
Thanks robko

Thanks robko, I've succeeded upgrading my Mini using your piece of advice
daminou28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #87
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Does this update change the main screen/awards appearance to be busy/similar to the Aura HD?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #88
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Does this update change the main screen/awards appearance to be busy/similar to the Aura HD?
Nope.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #89
Tiburscyo
Tiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I had problems with the dictionary.

Dosen't work when I select the word. I've done the "hard reset" by press the on/off and light buttom, but the problem remains.

Someone also had this same problem?
Tiburscyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #90
Fernblatt
Fernblatt began at the beginning.

Device: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Updated in UK via wifi. 2 issues

Got to 100% download,, then got stuck. Had to do a hard reset for the update to install

Adjusting fonts is flaky and slow. Can get stuck for ages when it tries to apply any changes you make. Making changes via advanced settings seems a bit more reliable, although, again, referesh of screen to show any changes is painfully slow. Can anyone confirm this bug?
Yes indeed. Not only that, but Desktop Reader crashes while synching if the device is attached to the computer at the same time. Both sync fine by themselves.

Tom in the Wilds of Tennessee
Fernblatt is offline   Reply With Quote