Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Tanzaku
Enthusiast
Tanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3
Browsers not playing MP3 links

Both the Silk browser and my (sideloaded) Dolphin browser are having the same problem with web page links to simple MP3 files. Flash audios play fine, but a straight link to an MP3 file doesn't — won't play it, nor can I download it using tap and hold. Copying the link URL and pasting it into a new web page reports a 404 Page Not Found error. I've verified the links are valid and functioning normally using my computer, iPad, and Transformer. Looks like a limitation in the Fire. Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?
Tanzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
Both the Silk browser and my (sideloaded) Dolphin browser are having the same problem with web page links to simple MP3 files. Flash audios play fine, but a straight link to an MP3 file doesn't — won't play it, nor can I download it using tap and hold. Copying the link URL and pasting it into a new web page reports a 404 Page Not Found error. I've verified the links are valid and functioning normally using my computer, iPad, and Transformer. Looks like a limitation in the Fire. Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?
Try Opera Mini. I downloaded a podcast in mp3 just fine with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert