Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
html->lrf line spacing between wrong lines?

hi,

i'm sorry if this was discussed in another thread but my english isn't good enough to find something on it:

i am converting a simple html file with calibre 0.6 to lrf - its only text in paragraphs.
after uploading the lrf to my sony 505 the space between the last line of a paragraph and the one BEFORE is a little bit larger than the other gaps between the lines. would be no problem if the gap would be AFTER the last line of a paragraph but this way it's totally annoying. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. no change in the parameters seem to have any effect on this.

please help. thank you!
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sounds like a problem with line spacing in the CSS. Opena ticket and attach the HTML file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This happens I've noticed, if you have a paragraphs where the indent is different. Like say the first paragraph of a chapter with no indent and then the next has an indent . The space between the paragraphs with the same indent will be the same. But the space between the paragraph with no indent and an indent is larger.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

it happens in a paragraph after (and before) every <br>
it doesn't depend on an indent being there or not.
its only a plain html file with <p> <h2> and <br> tags - nothing else

found a work-arround: everything's fine if i replace every "<br>" with "</p><p>"

Last edited by flowoeB; 07-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
This has been happening to me too. Even apparently with .lit files that were created from html.

Interestingly it's also happened when I converted a rtf file to lrf but somewhat randomly. I'm assuming calibre converts the rtf file to html and then to lrf. I converted one rtf file to 5 different lrf files which only differed in font size. In two of the files, the gap between the last and second last line of the paragraph appeared and in three of them it didn't.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
it happens in a paragraph after (and before) every <br>
it doesn't depend on an indent being there or not.
its only a plain html file with <p> <h2> and <br> tags - nothing else

found a work-arround: everything's fine if i replace every "<br>" with "</p><p>"
I'm not an advanced user. How does one do this--or is there a workaround--when converting from, say, a mobi to an lrf file? TIA
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

i convert every text to plain html before importing it to calibre... then it is possible to correct it...