Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Thumbs up If you like Kindle, it's worth promoting as an Amazon affiliate

Hi folks,

I'm new to the boards and not sure how many people run their own blogs and make money (or try!) with advertising/affiliate programs, so feel free to ignore this if that's not your bag. I just thought I'd share that Amazon gives a 10% commission on Kindles purchased through your affiliate links. I've never promoted them directly, but noticed a couple of $25 commissions for the 6" ones in my affiliate reports this month (maybe I should be promoting them, laugh).

If you're a Kindle fan anyway, you might sign up for the Amazon affiliate program and write a few reviews and how-to articles on your blog (including affiliate links in case your readers want to purchase one). Who knows? Maybe you can get your next round of ebooks paid for.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
hmm. that sure does sound interesting.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
I'm interested!
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I've been an Amazon affiliate for about eight years. My experience is that it is a good source of pin money -- a little extra cash in your pocket each month -- provided you're willing to work at it. But it's never going to bring you any serious money.

By all means, sign up for the programme if you think you can promote the Kindle, or any other Amazon product. But to have any reasonable chance of success, you have to promote many products on a large number of pages or sites. You've also got to work hard to establish a reputation for you site, so that people will trust your judgement.

One thing you can't do is to earn commission on products you buy for yourself. So, if you're planning to buy a Kindle for your own use, don't get the idea that, by becoming an affiliate, you'll also get the commission. It doesn't work that way.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Yeah, there is a guy on craigs list for my area spamming with this... annoying
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon affiliate program, kindle