Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
dhcp service broken

Does anyone know what to do when the DHCP client on the iLiad is broken (i can still connect using a static IP, but when i leave it on auto it won't connect in both wired and wireless modes) other than to reset the iLiad to factory defaults?
I'm hoping i can avoid doing so..

Last edited by zerospinboson; 09-25-2008 at 07:28 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bump?
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
These may be obvious questions... but do you have a dhcp server on your local network? Did a dynamic IP on the iLiad ever work for you on this network? Do you have other computers currently getting dynamic IPs?

I can't think of why the dhcp client on the iLiad would just stop working... maybe the problem is elsewhere?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."

no, it's not that.. DHCP servers work fine, and it worked last week, but has stopped working since.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I don't know then. If it were me, the next thing I would do is look at the dhcp server's error logs and/or run a network trace to see if the dhcp client is broadcasting a request. That'll help narrow down whether it's the iLiad or something else.

If it is the iLiad you're likely going to either need shell access to troubleshoot it more, or else contact iRex for support. I don't remember any other threads about this particular problem, and haven't seen it myself, so can't really offer a better suggestion.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert