Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Remove Penholder from DPT-S1

Hi, I remember some people had their clip get dislodged by accident. I read in the manual that it can be reattached (quote "if the clip gets dislodged, reattach it as shown *shows picture of arrow pointing from clip to device*). I thus wonder whether it can be carefully removed. I bought a sleeve for 13" but it doesn't fit with the clip. Clearly, I'm very reluctant to just use force. Could anyone show a picture of the mechanism?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
it's just a clip. you can pull it out and snap it back in. i've accidentally snapped it off a couple of times (and once deliverately) and was able to re-attach with no problem. but i suspect that if i do it too many times, it could break the connecting part on the clip side, as it is plastic.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, so I just pull it straight away from the device? Can you by any chance make a photo illustrating the mechanism?

Last edited by ManDay; 04-24-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

the bright silvery line in the pic above is where the plastic clip part in the pic below snaps into.

Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-02-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
ManDay
E-Reader

You're the best! Gave me the courage to just pull and it came off nicely Thanks a million!
Advert
Old 05-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
hero1683
hero1683 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Hi rem736,
I have the same problem (want to remove the pen holder but reluctant to just use force). your pictures were unfortunately deleted. Could you please reupload them?

Thanks a lot
hero1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
rem736
purpose priority passion

if you want to remove the pen holder, simply grab on and pull out with a bit of force. it won't damage anything. it's putting it back that takes some precision because you have to align it correctly.