Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #46
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser s View Post
Avenger,

Does sending documents to Box work for you? I just tried it recently and although it works the other way, syncing when I add files to my box.com account, sending from the Digital Paper to Box.com doesn't seem to work. I followed the same settings you posted.
I haven't tried it yet. Perhaps the paths are not quite right. I basically took a guess. Too bad there is no detailed info provided by Sony on how to do it.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #47
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony DPT-S1
Aw, still really glad it works the other way around. Thanks, Avenger!
kaiser s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #48
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Does somebody have experience how to easily get the Sony DPT-S1 to Europe?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:55 AM   #49
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Does somebody have experience how to easily get the Sony DPT-S1 to Europe?
I haven't yet ordered, but Sony

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/show-d...reseller.shtml

appears to ship to Europe.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #50
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
NO! Sony does NOT ship to Europe! That's the problem for us european customers. :-(
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #51
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.G View Post
NO! Sony does NOT ship to Europe! That's the problem for us european customers. :-(
So, out of curiousity: What happens when you check out at the link I gave above with having selected a European contry? If it weren't for the form which returns an error for every possible telephone-number I try giving it, I would know myself.

Edit: I managed to get past the phone-number input and it then says:

Quote:
The following item(s) you selected are currently not available for shipment to this location due to the following reason(s):

We currently do not allow this item to be shipped to your chosen destination

You can either remove this item(s) from your cart or enter a different address below.
As someone completely ignorant of economic concerns: Does anyone know why a company like Sony would do that and restrict sales to ceratin countries?

Last edited by ManDay; 10-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #52
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Sony might have sold distribution rights to another company. The product could then be sold under different brand name.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #53
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
My experience over the last years with Sony:
They have great products but they are simply too dumb for efficient marketing and are wondering later why their products didn't sell well... Very sad.
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #54
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Paperwhite 6.8"
Can someone who has this tell me how page turn speed of a book compares to a Kindle? Assume a normal book in mobi or other non-pdf format on the kindle and a text based pdf on the Sony. Thanks.
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #55
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Grrrr ...

I say again, this is another daft Sony booboo .... only for sale in the States ?

Do they actually want to lose any lead they may have with this device ?
Again !

Mind you, if they keep to their normal US v Europe/UK pricing policy, the price would probably be about £1,200 .................... which would me out of the running.

Still, at least they're doing it the other way round to the T3 - which wasn't initially sold the U.S.
Did it ever get on the US market, I disremember ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #56
chameleoncat
chameleoncat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I haven't tried it yet. Perhaps the paths are not quite right. I basically took a guess. Too bad there is no detailed info provided by Sony on how to do it.
if you create a new sub-folder inside your box sync folder, then the dpts-1 will allow you to choose that folder when you try to send. for some reason it can't send to the box sync folder itself, without a sub-folder present..
chameleoncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 AM   #57
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
My experience over the last years with Sony:
They have great products but they are simply too dumb for efficient marketing and are wondering later why their products didn't sell well... Very sad.
Only I think they arent actually wondering anymore because they are so used to failing, they think it's what normally happens with 90% of all products that you make... They heard rumors of Apple, but don't believe they exist...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #58
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Maybe the web front end shows the option but the telephone support said they won't send the device outside from the USA.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #59
smileman
smileman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser s View Post
[LIST][*]Be aware of what other things are in your suitcase/bag when carrying the device with the pen-clip attached. My clip got permanently dislodged after a day of carrying it inside a laptop bag with my laptop and a book inside. Some anchor attached to the clip got broken so it would not re-attach to the device anymore despite following the instructions in the manual.
This also just happened to me although I don't think anything was broken. It looks like the glue came off. I'm wondering if the pen holder can be glued back on securely?
smileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #60
smileman
smileman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
Can someone who has this tell me how page turn speed of a book compares to a Kindle? Assume a normal book in mobi or other non-pdf format on the kindle and a text based pdf on the Sony. Thanks.
I don't have the kindle but I find the Sony page turn speed excellent. There is both a normal and a turbo mode.
smileman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf