Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 AM   #31
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I don't know if I can say I "love" my T2 (because I haven't used it long enough), but do I like it lot. If the ePub book is formatted well, I think it has one of the "cleanest" screens of any eReader I've used. But I still like the Kindles and the Nooks as well. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the fonts on the Nook, but it's still my favorite eReader. I like the features on the Kindles, however, but the font always seems to be too big or too little on the Touch and the Kindle Basic (though I've done a lot of reading on them).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:14 AM   #32
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
Still using my PRS-650 every day to read the paper (thanks Calibre!) and ebooks from the public library, as well as listen to MP3's.
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 03:55 AM   #33
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
I still love my PRS-T3!
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #34
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The PRS 650 was my first e-reader like 4 years ago and it's been left behind by so many much clearer, faster and better featured readers that I don't even remember it anymore.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #35
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
The PRS 650 … it's been left behind by so many much clearer, faster and better featured readers .
Out of curiosity, what are some of the 'better features' to which you refer?
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #36
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Probably front lights, higher resolution, wifi, no flash refresh, whiter screens. That said, I still have a warm spot in my heart for the PRS 650.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #37
nickart
Enthusiast
nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Aura HD
My PRS-T1 is more than just capable at handling most commercial pdfs, as opposed to my Kobo Aura HD.

Is the PRS-T3 capability just as good?
nickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #38
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I've got them all, love 'em all, prefer the 350 for travel, the 350+650 for sheer engineering excellence, and the T3 as the best Sony ever ....... nothing else, for me comes close to any of 'em.
I put up with my Kindle, but its klunky to use, not intuitive, and ... no buttons ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #39
nickart
Enthusiast
nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.nickart can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've got them all, love 'em all, prefer the 350 for travel, the 350+650 for sheer engineering excellence, and the T3 as the best Sony ever ....... nothing else, for me comes close to any of 'em.
I put up with my Kindle, but its klunky to use, not intuitive, and ... no buttons ....

But how does it handle pdfs? I'm talking about small-sized, commercial pdfs, as opposed to scanned ones. Is it as good as the PRS-T1?

As I've already mentioned the Aura HD is utterly and absolutely hopeless in this respect.
nickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #40
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
I do! Hope to get another one as backup. Especially a prs 350 and T2 if possible.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #41
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
I started with the T1, got a T2 after that broke and just bought a T3 as a backup device. But in fact the T3 is so nice, that I will keep the T2 as backup instead. Over the years I have spend many hours with my Sony Reader and certainly don't want to leave home without it. Especially with the T3 that is easily possible because it is such a small and light device. Although I also have an iPad, I much prefer the Sony for longer reading. The only weak point is the hassle with reading PDFs.

Ctop
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #42
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Lol, I just ordered a battery for my 950, plus I plan on getting another 950. I still have my 505, my 650 needs put back together, a T2 that's my primary reader simply bc it's my least favorite one. My 950 comes first, then my 505/650. I take it out with me kayaking and stuff and although I put it in waterproof bags and cases if something happened to it my main loss would be the book I'm reading at the time. It sounds horrible to say, but they climaxed with the -50's series and went downhill after that. Too bad they couldn't have kept up the quality with lower prices, otherwise I believe they'd still be in business.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #43
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I just ordered a battery for my 950
e, The only battery for a 950 I could find was on back order and cost $77+ plus shipping, etc. And hopefully you did not order yours from lion batter inc.

I have two 950s.

Please, where did you find a battery for your 950?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #44
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I take it out with me kayaking and stuff and although I put it in waterproof bags and cases if something happened to it my main loss would be the book I'm reading at the time.
You know, if you put your books on the SD card, you probably wouldn't even have to worry about that (short of actually losing the whole reader to the bottom of the ocean or lake). The SD card is treated almost as a separate device, and has it's own database, and could be popped out and placed in one of your other Sony readers, and you'd come back to the last saved position in your book. And SD cards are not worried by a little moisture — a friend lost one and found it again the next year at the bottom of his compost pile. Still fully functional.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #45
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Though the Nexus tablet has become my primary reader, I still love my 650. Very sad that Calibre and it are not on friendly terms this week (suddenly tags and series are not showing up in collections).

I still read on it semi-regularly.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote