Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #31
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Third step.
Now I'm not so sure so if you can post pictures of the 一般設定 screen (first black round) and of the システム設定 screen (second black round) that would be great.

On one of those screens, you should see 言語, and then 英語 (that's English). More likely it should be: 一般設定, then 言語, then 英語.

Let me know how it goes.

the システム設定 screen has 5 sub-interfaces.
I will one by one upload images.
image0903_6,3,2 three photoes.

0903_3,2 cannot upload, "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. "
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0903_1.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	115779   Click image for larger version

Name:	0903_6.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	115780  

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-26-2013 at 04:18 AM.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #32
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

NO LANGAUGE ITEM.
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #33
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
You can try using calibre (or some other method) to load all the english books you want to read on your PRS T-3. I don't know french however when I changed my PRS T-1 langauge to french I wuz able to figure out how to open an e-book. . . and surpisingly the book wasn't in french either.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #34
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

two sub-interface photoes, include one system picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setting4.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	115868   Click image for larger version

Name:	setting3.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	115869   Click image for larger version

Name:	setting5.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	115870  
Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #35
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
two sub-interface photoes, include one system picture.
On the second picture, the last line states the T3 is on "demo mode" (デモモード) "on" (オン). Can you switch it to "off" (オフ)? Maybe the English will appear
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #36
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
On the second picture, the last line states the T3 is on "demo mode" (デモモード) "on" (オン). Can you switch it to "off" (オフ)? Maybe the English will appear
You finally appeared.
What you suggested, there is no English Settings or choose English item.
sorry sir,Don't waste time.

I just want to be:
how Japanese machine to be refreshed firmware package in English.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #37
Ot70
Ot70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
You finally appeared.
What you suggested, there is no English Settings or choose English item.
sorry sir,Don't waste time.

I just want to be:
how Japanese machine to be refreshed firmware package in English.
May I ask how does it look like when the Japanese device opens English book (PDF, Epub)? Will it show the book in English?

Bests,
Ot70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ot70 View Post
May I ask how does it look like when the Japanese device opens English book (PDF, Epub)? Will it show the book in English?

Bests,
The language of the device doesn't change the language of the book. The language settings only affect the user interface on the device. If a book is in English, it will still be in English no matter what the language is set to. At least, that's my understanding and what happens with North American units. I would think the same holds true for units bought in other countries.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #39
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Japanese T3

Interesting. Anyone has the chance to check whether this Japanese T-3 comes with a English Dictionary (English->English) and not English->Japanese Dictionary?
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #40
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The user guide I found online stated that there was an English monolingual dictionary. However it also stated that the interface can be displayed in English and the screen captures posted don't show that. So I'm not sure (but more likely the dictionary will be there).
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #41
edurbrow
edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 6"
I hope this thread isn't dead.

I just received my PRS-T3S today. I bought it on Yahoo Auction here in Japan. My wife is Japanese and we went through all the menus and could not find a language setting. So, like the original poster, I want to know if it is possible to change the firmware. I had just assumed it was possible to change the language because it was possible on my Kobo (R.I.P.) which is a cheaper unit.

Did you, by any chance find a phone number in Japan to call?

I hooked up the device via USB cable to my computer, but it does not show up in Calibre or on the Desktop of my computer.

BTW, how do you turn on the light on the eReader?
TIA
edurbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #42
samhy
Wizard

Regarding the settings, I would download a user manual from the Japanese website to see what one is supposed to do with a Japanese firmware.

For the light, unfortunately Sony didn't put a light on the T series. You can buy a lighted cover which snaps at the back of the e-reader and then you pull the light out to start it.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #43
edurbrow
edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 6"
We called Sony and found out it is not possible to change to English. Anyway, the lack of a backlight is a deal-breaker for me. It is going back up on Yahoo Auction ASAP. I guess I'll buy a Kindle or another Kobo. Are there any other alternatives? The thing I didn't like about the Kobo (other than the interface being clunky), and the reason I bought the Sony, was if you hold it with your thumb touching the screen it turns the page. I thought dedicated page turn buttons would be a good idea. Other than the Sony, I guess they all suffer from that flaw. Or do any have a setting where you can set it to only turn pages if you swipe a finger or another workaround?
edurbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:35 PM   #44
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Onyx Book T68 is now being sold by Amazon.
I am interested in this because it uses Android. Only problem is warranty support coluld be difficult.

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...for-199-video/
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #45
sbwtxj
Groupie

Is there any hacked file for T3?
it is important for supporting epub,mobi,txt,chm and etc.