Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
sorry,
Your said is only supported for PRS-350 and PRS-650 .

Visited the Japanese website, but i don't know Japanese.
The T series Prs ereader has only Japanese menu,
general setting no language menu.
I said that it's written on the Japanese website that the Japanese model can display the menu both in Japanese and in English. Period. No 350. No 650. And no need to read Japanese

Now do you still need help in setting your T3 to English? If so, what sub-menus have you fond so far with the three kanji that I pointed to you?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
HI samhy,
Thank you for your patience.
I just hope I bought this equipment in Japan, to be able to update into English menu, into English mode.
Because I can't understand a little Japanese.

The other, common TXT file also need to transform Chinese characters is my biggest pain, because I can resave material into TXT file in Microsoft word.
But not to read the code.Very irritating.

Thanks a lot!
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
HI samhy,
Thank you for your patience.
I just hope I bought this equipment in Japan, to be able to update into English menu, into English mode.
Because I can't understand a little Japanese.
Can you copy and paste the three kanji I've typed for you to show you understand what we're talking about?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #19
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

你好,samhy
第一,我希望这台显示日文的T3,菜单界面能够显示成英文。
因为我不懂日文。
I don't know if i understand your said.

第二,我希望通过固件更新,能够显示简单的中文文本文件(simple txt),现在都是乱码。
而且为什么中文文件要使用那么多步骤来转化?不能像英文文件或者日文的TXT文件一样吗?

So i need Sony's supporter gives me some advices.
难道SONY T3不提供中文的阅读环境吗?如此优秀的产品。

ALAN

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-19-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #20
samhy
Wizard

Pictures coming soon
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #21
sbwtxj
Groupie

see the interface
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony prs t3 Japanese Menu.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	115420  
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #22
samhy
Wizard

Thanks. I've also found some pictures on the Internet.

First step
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T3_1.png
Views:	611
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	115460  
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #23
samhy
Wizard

Second step
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T3_2.png
Views:	560
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	115461  
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
samhy
Wizard

Third step.
Now I'm not so sure so if you can post pictures of the 一般設定 screen (first black round) and of the システム設定 screen (second black round) that would be great.

On one of those screens, you should see 言語, and then 英語 (that's English). More likely it should be: 一般設定, then 言語, then 英語.

Let me know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T3_3.png
Views:	696
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	115462  
Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #25
sbwtxj
Groupie

image0903_7-8 for 一般设定 item

sorry samhy,
In Japanese version, no language item to change to english.

This is my cause for update English firmware.

I NEED THE SONY OFFICE SUPPORTER'S ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE PHOTOES ARE TOO LARGE SPACE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0903_8.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	115777   Click image for larger version

Name:	0903_7.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	115778  

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-26-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
samhy
Wizard

Have you followed the three steps?

If it doesn't work, I'm afraid I can't help you more than that.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #27
imakai
imakai began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I am waiting for solution available too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Have you followed the three steps?

If it doesn't work, I'm afraid I can't help you more than that.
-----------

I have T3S, and there was no four step for language change.

I would like to change Japanese language firmware into English one.

I will wait for solution available, Thanks too.
imakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakai View Post
-----------

I have T3S, and there was no four step for language change.

I would like to change Japanese language firmware into English one.

I will wait for solution available, Thanks too.
Hi ,
Please paste your T3 interface screens for language item.

Please take more photoes.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #29
imakai
imakai began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I show some picture of T3S Japanese version

Quote:
Hi ,
Please paste your T3 interface screens for language item.

Please take more photoes.
--------

I show some picture of T3S Japanese version.

As you see, there were no language change menu.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1452508_568184846600116_2031268077_n.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	115775   Click image for larger version

Name:	1476072_568184849933449_2112659937_n.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	115776  
imakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #30
samhy
Wizard

@imakai. you're right I can't see it either.
Can you post pictures of the screen for each previous step? Thank you.