Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
@Blossom,
Did you look at the "3in1 Case for the Sam...." on ebay? About $14. It's a flip case - if I understand what you mean by that and stand. I am tempted, but it seems as though I'd have to use it without the TPU coverering.
Yes but it ships from China. I only buy from U.S sellers.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Got the TPU case from B.D. Boutique (Amazon) and it fits well. They are all out of white now, only pink and purple left. I see it is cheaper at Ebay, but oh well I don't do Ebay.

It does have an extra cut-out for nothing does that make sense? It also have covering over the on/off switch and volume button.

Is that normal? It fits snugly in the GPS case. So anyway I am all fixed up now.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Got the TPU case from B.D. Boutique (Amazon) and it fits well. They are all out of white now, only pink and purple left. I see it is cheaper at Ebay, but oh well I don't do Ebay.

It does have an extra cut-out for nothing does that make sense? It also have covering over the on/off switch and volume button.

Is that normal? It fits snugly in the GPS case. So anyway I am all fixed up now.
Where's the extra cut out? It should only have one for the camera, speakers and SD Card slot. Yes the buttons are covered. It keeps them clean.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Where's the extra cut out? It should only have one for the camera, speakers and SD Card slot. Yes the buttons are covered. It keeps them clean.
Hi Blossom! Thanks for telling me about the TPU case and the GPS cover. Works well together.

The extra cut out is bottom left, next to the charging plug cutout. It is pretty big too.

I do like the grippy side though.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hi Blossom! Thanks for telling me about the TPU case and the GPS cover. Works well together.

The extra cut out is bottom left, next to the charging plug cutout. It is pretty big too.

I do like the grippy side though.
Oh! That cut out so you take the case off without ripping it. I have popped mine out a few times to clean it. Just a little warm water and let it completely dry before putting it back on.
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
new

Quote:
Oh! That cut out so you take the case off without ripping it. I have popped mine out a few times to clean it. Just a little warm water and let it completely dry before putting it back on.
Hmmm... did they tell you that? I would have never figured that one out.

Anyway it fits snug.

I finally figured out the widgets for screendim. It took long enough it is great. I love love love this little gadget. I haven't tried the voice feature of searching yet. I do like it has TSS. I am spending more time on this gadget and neglecting my kindles, lol. No actually I am reading on the PW also. My KFHD is kinda neglected
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hmmm... did they tell you that? I would have never figured that one out.

Anyway it fits snug.

I finally figured out the widgets for screendim. It took long enough it is great. I love love love this little gadget. I haven't tried the voice feature of searching yet. I do like it has TSS. I am spending more time on this gadget and neglecting my kindles, lol. No actually I am reading on the PW also. My KFHD is kinda neglected
No there is no way I could get it back on and off without that little slot without warping it. I just got a new case for my Kindle Fire so it feels new again. I read on both. Hubby complains if I use SGP5 sometimes because of the bright buttons so I switch over to the KF to make him happy.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
new

Quote:
No there is no way I could get it back on and off without that little slot without warping it. I just got a new case for my Kindle Fire so it feels new again. I read on both. Hubby complains if I use SGP5 sometimes because of the bright buttons so I switch over to the KF to make him happy.
I was using this last night with the new case. I don't like the button covers, I can't feel the power button or the volume buttons

I am thinking of cutting a cut-out for them.

Amazingly the bright buttons don't bother me as much as I thought. But I can't find the buttons to touch in the dark, I am hitting it every where to find the back, or the menu buttons, or home.

Too bad you can't dim those bright buttons though.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #24
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Looking for a case and stylus for the SMGP5. I sent a message to Blossom, but guess she missed it. I would like a case that also stores the earbuds. But I found you accidentally turn on the SMGP5 if stored in too tight of a case.
I use a portable video game case for a Nintendo DS. It was $10 at Wal-Mart. The one I have has a pocket that fits the GP5, a loop that a good stylus will clip into, 3 little pockets (one of which I use for my SD/microSD adapter), and a second compartment that fits the GP5's native earphones. I later found that some GPS cases fit.

The GPS cases also don't come in bilious electric off-green bubble-pack-texture like my DS case. That's a plus.

Quote:
Stylus confuse me, are the SMGP and Kindles capacitive or what kind of screens???? Do you have to buy a stylus for each brand? Also is the screen for the Samsung Media Galaxy Player glass or plastic? I hope I don't scratch it cause I use a wet kleenex and then wipe with cotton fabric.
The GP5 is capacitive. I don't know what substrate. Kindle models vary. You'll have to be more specific in your question. I found the cheap styli do not work well. I have a Targus that came bundled with a USB keyboard that works well. I've seen them around, but they are a little bit on the expensive side. YGWYPF. I'm told the best is the Wacom Bamboo, but I've never been willing to spring for one.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote