Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Indesign CS4 v6.05

Update came out today. Resolved:

Digital Editions
Fonts are not getting embedded in documents exported to Digital Editions from InDesign. [2334827]
Content is dropped during export to Digital Editions when two or more documents are included in a book. [2262891]
Export for Digital Editions will put underscores, rather than spaces, in the Contents if TOCStyle is not used. [2296603]
Bold (and in some cases italic) won’t work when exporting an InDesign document to Digital Editions. [2296606]
Exporting to Digital Editions fails with an error in the Italian and French version. [1923992]

Not drastic, but every little bit helps.

CS5 purports "Enhanced Ebook Creation" and "Ipad/iBook support", whatever that means. It calls the export to be "Epub" in the menus, as opposed to "Digital Editions". The demo is released (I think today), so if I get bored, I spin it up.

-brewt
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
CS5 purports "Enhanced Ebook Creation" and "Ipad/iBook support", whatever that means. It calls the export to be "Epub" in the menus, as opposed to "Digital Editions". The demo is released (I think today), so if I get bored, I spin it up.

-brewt
From what I saw on a video linked from John Nack's blog, the major change is that it will now break into chapters based on paragraph styles. I'm hoping this means it will also automatically break the book into separate flows, since this lack made CS4 a real pain to work with.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
As someone who writes a tool that is very often used to read InDesign-created epubs and as such receives an inordinate amount of those epubs on his tracker, I can say that CS4 epub generation is mind-numbingly horrible. It is the single largest source of application-specific workarounds in Sigil.

Let's hope CS5 InDesign embarrasses Adobe a bit less.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Just tested the CS5 trial today. Yes, InDesign will now break a single document into separate flows as long as you've defined a table of contents and assigned the correct styles. Still no method of forcing a flow-break without incorporating it into the ToC or splitting the document and having to collect multiple items in a book though. Maybe one day they'll catch up with Sigil.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote