Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Highwalker
Highwalker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Is there anyway to fix this?

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I've had my Sony PRS-T2 for over a year now and never had any problems with it until the other day it froze.

I read it on my break and work and it was fine, then when I came back to read it again at lunch it wouldn't work.

I'm wondering if this is a fixable problem or if I have to buy a new ereader - which I don't really want to do.

Attached are two photos of the problem, the first (showing A Clash of Kings) when the problem started, the second (a shot of the library taken today).

Any help is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	138594   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	138595  
Highwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #2
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Did you try a soft reset (sticking an unbent paperclip into the hole at the bottom)?
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:11 AM   #3
Highwalker

Yes I have tried a soft reset, to no avail.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:31 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nothing you can do. The screen is broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, as Jon says, you've fractured the screen substrate - the thin layer of glass that's under the outer plastic screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
Highwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, as Jon says, you've fractured the screen substrate - the thin layer of glass that's under the outer plastic screen.
And this is impossible to fix without taking the ereader apart and replacing said screen?
Old 05-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
This is why I don't buy new e-readers. Get a cheap used unit off of ebay.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwalker View Post
And this is impossible to fix without taking the ereader apart and replacing said screen?
Correct.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwalker View Post
Correct. You can see the break in the bottom right hand corner (the angled line).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
Highwalker

Thats very annoying! Guess I should start shopping around for another. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help everyone