Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Resurrecting a T1

I've got a T1 that never saw a whole lot of use because I switched to an ipad for reading soon after buying it, and started working from home. I've recently switched back to commuting by bus, where the advantages of a light eink reader are suddenly very desirable.

I pulled the T1 off the shelf, of course the battery was deader than a doornail. When I plug it in, either to a PC or a USB wall outlet, the charging light comes on for a few minutes, and then goes off. The device powers up long enough to get through the "opening...." screen and then I get no reponse from it (sometimes I can tap through a couple of menu options before it dies). It doesn't stay powered up long enough to put books on it.

Does anyone know a way to "kickstart" the T1? I would have thought plugging it in to a non-computer power source would have allowed it to fully charge, but didn't have any luck there. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I recently tried to restart a 650 that acted in a similar way. I found that plugging it in at the wall didn't work at all, but that leaving it connected to my laptop via USB overnight brought it back to life even though it didn't actually appear to be charging when I connected it.

It seems like you have may already tried this, but just passing on my experience just in case it could help.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote