Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
kico42
kico42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 64GB
Kindle HDX 7 Advice and a little help needed...

Hi all,

New to the forum!

I have a new Kindle HDX 7 13.3.1.0 and have rooted with KFHDX ToolKit v0.94 and installed SU and blocked the OTA updates. Also have installed ES3 file manager and Titanium Backup Pro. I have not installed Safestrap (yet) as I need to read more before that happens, if it ever does.

So, here's my issue---when I select setting/device/storage, the storage screen only appears for about 1/2 second and then reverts to the previous device screen. I know this was working before, so it's something I did inadvertently, or maybe a file corruption? All else on the tablet works fine and I have Google Play installed thanks to the forum here.

I'm thinking a factory reset will cure this, but not sure. Before I do a reset (which I really don't want to do) I thought I should seek the advice from the experts here just in case a file replacement or something else could be tried.

Thanks in advance--this forum looks great.
kico42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kindle Fire sub-forum where, strangely enough, posts on the Kindle Fire are in the Kindle Fire sub-forum.

Please take the time now to read our posting guidelines.

Don
Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote