Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Removing "Personal" Label on the Paperwhite

Is it possible to remove the label on the Cover Art in Cover View that says "Personal"? I really dislike this. My apologies if this is repeated topic somewhere. I did try like 5 different ways to search and didn't find anything that really talked much about this and nothing that offered a solution. Any help is appreciated. :o)
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes. this is what I do, when converting, go to mobi output, and you will see Personal Document tag: and a box which may have [PDOC] in it. delete that. Also you can change your settings so it is blank by default. But you will have to reconvert and resend. Preferences-->conversion-->output options
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
YAY! Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed. I reconverted my mobi files without the [PDOC] in there, resent it to my kindle, and it's gone!! That's awesome! Thanks so much! Now I only have to figure out my sort issue and I'll be happily back off to the land of blissful kindle ownership. :o)
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad it works for both of us. Too bad I can't make the kindle plugboard do what I want it to. Just tried it again on my K3, no dice.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
kindle plugboard?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
kindle plugboard?
I was referring to the metadata plugboard in Calibre.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What problem are you having with your plugboard? Perhaps I can help.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Harry, thanks. I have used one you wrote out this morning in another thread, in fact, and another which would only put the series number in with the title. In both cases, it will work for one or two books, and not for any others. I have tried it both with the kindle keyboard and the paperwhite.

I currently have these two installed

mobi:any device = {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}

mobi:kindle2 = {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Harry, thanks. I have used one you wrote out this morning in another thread, in fact, and another which would only put the series number in with the title. In both cases, it will work for one or two books, and not for any others. I have tried it both with the kindle keyboard and the paperwhite.

I currently have these two installed

mobi:any device = {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}

mobi:kindle2 = {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
Perhaps the other books are in AZW3 or PRC format, and not Mobi? They will only work as they are at the moment, for the "Mobi" format specifically. Try editing the plugboard definition and changing "Mobi" to "Any Format".
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I just tested it. One book worked, the other 2 did not. Incidentally, the same two that haven't worked before.

Removed those two, re-added them and 1 more, and none of the three worked.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Are you using "Send to Device" to send the book to the Kindle? Apologies if you're aware of this (I'm sure you are, but it's as well to check!), but plugboards only operate when you send a book to a device using "Send to Device".

What formats does Calibre display for the books that it's NOT working for?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes that is how I send the books to the device. The formats are all mobi. I have epub and mobi formats for each of them.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm recommend asking in the Calibre forum. I'm sure it must be something very simple which we're both overlooking! Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, I appreciate it anyhow! I'll look into it more.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you using "Send to Device" to send the book to the Kindle? Apologies if you're aware of this (I'm sure you are, but it's as well to check!), but plugboards only operate when you send a book to a device using "Send to Device".

What formats does Calibre display for the books that it's NOT working for?
Plugboards can also work on email, save to disk, or content server individually. The option any device includes those methods. You probably were aware of that.

Question about your filter - what do the || do ? Does that mean it is only adding the space and the - if series and the # exist? Should the 2nd option of booklover6 plugboard be instead:
mobi:kindle2 = {series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}
(the original one I created, but did not check the complete plugboard language)

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-28-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote