Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #3931
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hi Rizla

Sorry if your problems are caused by the new ZORK. Sadly, as written, I'm not able to test the version for PRS650 du to lack of this erader.

Do not worry!

1) Uninstall PRS+ with the uninstaller
2) Install the 'normal' PRS+ again

3) Reinstall the old ZORK

This should solve your problem. Meanwhile I've removed the downloads.

A.
Many thanks, Analogus. I will do it later. Thanks for the compile anyway.

Update: All restored to latest version of PRS+. Many thanks to all.

I do hope Kartu and the team include the features Zork has incorporated in their next official release. They look very useful. The new icons alone make me want it Also I can already think of uses of the ability to switch between books. Tons of stuff, basically.

Last edited by Rizla; 11-08-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #3932
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Rizla

As you can see it's no big deal to uninstall PRS+ or ZORK or even reanimate an ereader.

If you want to take the risk, there is another (new) version online.

So far as I can say, ZORK-icons will not find it's way into the 'normal' PRS+.
What will find it's way is the improved navigation and CSS-tweaking (font size, line space, ...)

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 11-08-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #3933
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Rizla

A new version for 650 is online since a couple of days. Meanwhile I got positive feedback. THis version should be fully functional.

A.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #3934
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
A question to a PRS-950 owner with CLI enabled

Can please anyone with a PRS-950 and PRS+ and CLI enabled run the command "df", and report back the line starting /dev/mtdblock11, please?

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #3935
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Using Sony-PRS-T2's EN-RU and RU-EN dictionaries with PRS-x50-models with PRS+

This article is solely for educational-purpose!

Finally a Sony-PRS e-reader with RU/EN and EN/Ru dictionaries showed up!
And technically it is possible to use these dictionaries with older models as well!

Please understand that because of dealing with copyrighted and licensed material the needed dictionaries can not be included in this post!

Though you can find "dictionary-packages" for Sony-PRS-T2 at the-ebook.org:
PRS-T2 - Advanced functionality and Russification (rupor)
rupor-dicts.7z

From rupors package we need: newdic.img

Thanks to both of them for providing and allowing to point to their packages.

The img-file is a EXT2-disk-image, which can be viewed and extracted under Windows with "Disk Image Viewer 0.5" - it is freeware,
Linux-user can loop-mount the image to their file-systems.

Open the above mentioned image-file with Disk Image Viewer 0.5 and extract (SaveAs) the following files to your harddisk:
C125000D.MSD
C125000E.MSD
LIBRARY.MBF
This three (3) files need to be moved to /opt1/dict on your PRS-x50 reader.
For this task you find a modified PRSPInstaller in the attached zip-file.

After extracting the file you get a Folder "PRSPInstaller"
with the script "installer.sh" in it and a folder "dict"
Copy the three files, extracted earlier, into the folder "dict"

Copy the whole folder "PSPInstaller" into the root-folder of your PRS-x50, (the drive named "READER" in your File-Explorer), like you will do with any PRS+ Update, and power down and restart your reader the normal way.

Upon restart the script "installer.sh" will be executed, copying the dictionary files from PRSPInstaller/dict to the reader.
The script will also modify the line <variable name="bbebDictionaries" in kconfig.xml and place the modified file in /opt0/prsp
where it will be processed by the normal PRS+ start-script.
(Without this modification the new dictionaries will not show up in the dictionary-selection-page.
And that is why this procedure only work with x50 already using PRS+)

After the restart connect the reader to your computer and remove/rename the folder "PRSPInstaller".

Oxford Russian Dictionare RU- and
Oxford Russian Dictionare EN-
should be present on page 2 of the dictionary selection page under "Preferred Applications"

This should work with all PRS-x50 already running PRS+ version 2.0.18 or higher, regardless of any base-russification.

Known issues:
Dictionary-titles will not be localized
Even when using the RU-EN dictionary a standard Latin-keyboard will be shown.
There might be problems with ZeroChaos Hack for Custom LRF scale factor

[EDIT1] DictInstaller.zip removed - there is a problem with the script,
update follows
[EDIT2] fixed in DictInstaller2.zip - Sorry for the inconvenience
[EDIT3] removed link to borodas dict-package, as it will not open with Disk Image Viewer 0.5
Removed disclaimer for PRS-950. Crystal from the-ebook.org reported the script working on his PRS-950.
[Edit 4] corrected img-type from FAT to correct EXT2; Thanks rupor
[/Edit]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-10.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	95933   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-10_0.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	95934   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-10_1.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	95935  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DictInstaller2.zip (805 Bytes, 551 views)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-29-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Edit 4, typos
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #3936
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi Mark

These are great news!

Question:
Are there other DIC's available?
So far as I know, the new T2 offers more german dics which I could use.

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 11-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #3937
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Hi Analogus,

you are welcome,

but sorry beside of the two new EN-RU and RU-EN dictionaries the files from the T2 are absolutely the same as the ones in our dev/mtdblock11 or opt1/dict.

This realization was it, what lets me start trying.....
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #3938
Analogus
Fanatic

Thank you. I believed that the T2 has additional DIC's which could be used.

A:
Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #3939
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Hi Rizla

A new version for 650 is online since a couple of days. Meanwhile I got positive feedback. THis version should be fully functional.

A.
Thanks, Analogus, for all your work. I plan to install at some point but I am away from home atm. I should really read up what to do in case of prs+ safe-mode fail just in case. I doubt that would be necessary, but I like to be prepared
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #3940
Dariarb
Enthusiast
Dariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
When I find the new version for 650? Thanks.

Quote:
Hi Rizla

A.
Dariarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #3941
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Dariarb
Noticed the link in Analogus signature?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #3942
Dariarb
Enthusiast
Dariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
PRS650 - Battery discharged

I have PRS 650 and installed the PRS+ 2.1. I've noticed that on many occasions when I'm not reading, the reader by itself does not place in standby mode and the battery is completely discharged. I inform this here because maybe this is it one reason why the battery discharged completely.

And...thanks Mark Nord for your answer.
Dariarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #3943
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Dariarb

Thanks for reporting.
This is our issue 326

BUT, it is reported also for stock/unaltered-PRS-x50 readers and may or may not be related to PRS+.

Is there any pattern on this on "many occasions"?

I, for myself, use my PRS-650 with current beta-pack.
I have NO memory-card in my reader,
have set standby-picture to titel-page of the current book,
and AutoStandbyTime to 5 minutes.

I don't use any management software like Sony-Reader or calibre, but do simple side-load my ebooks. I don't even care of save eject - mostly while programming.

I don't use highlighting and annotations, but occasionally (if reading in English) the dictionary.

I don't use any PRS+ Apps at a regular basis, because they are known for instability.

Most of the time I put the reader into Standby with the power-slider when finished reading. And I faced battery drain only once or twice in the last two years.

So really hard to track this down. Is there something very different in your reading/using habits?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #3944
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
In a pdf when I double-tap on the word the dictionary does not come up. Effectively the reader seems to treat the document like an image rather then text-based. As such, I want to be able to bind a key to bring up the dictionary so that I can enter the word manually.

However, try as I might, I cannot find a way to access the dictionary other than through the applications icon on the home page. The dictionary is not listed as an option in the key-bind section and doesn't appear as an option under the action-launcher.

Is there a way round this? Thanks.
Some PDFs are just images, and no text, despite the images just being of pages of text. It is quite common.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #3945
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Hellmark
Rizla is well aware of this, and his post should be treated as Feature-Request for PRS+.