Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
New edition of Sherlock Holmes

I know that many here are Sherlock Holmes fans, so it may be of interest to some to note that I've just completed a major revision of my "Sherlock Holmes" omnibus and uploaded it in the usual formats to the book upload forums here.

Enjoy!

[Kindle/Mobipocket, ePub, Sony LRF]

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-20-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added in direct links
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Hello Harry, well done, been waiting for this, despite you introducing me to Thorndyke - and I know I'm technically challenged, but I've gone to MR Library and can't find it.

It's me, isn't it........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Search for "Sherlock Holmes Omnibus".
Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Or, to make it easier:

Mobi: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12677
ePub: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58845
Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Yay! Your other version was awesome! I'm so glad you've made it uh... awesome-er.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Enjoy!

We will! Many, many thanks again.

Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Search for "Sherlock Holmes Omnibus".
Thanks Harry - I had just tapped D for Doyle and got Mr. Crutledge's offerings.
All captured safely now.

And I'm sure they are indeed awesome-er .....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've added direct links to the first post. And now I'm off to download the Mobipocket edition.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements to the formatting, I'd love to hear them. I've experimented with a few things in this version, such as the use of block quotes and a smaller text size for such things as letters and quotes from newspapers. I think they work quite well, but I'd love to know if other people agree, and if anyone has any suggestions for further formatting changes.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Thanks so much for this, Harry. Your efforts are highly appreciated.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well done, Harry. Thank you.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
Thanks so much, Harry. Of all the books I've downloaded from MR, this is my favorite. It's great that you're still improving it.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
You're my hero, man!
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
If anyone has any suggestions for improvements to the formatting, I'd love to hear them. I've experimented with a few things in this version, such as the use of block quotes and a smaller text size for such things as letters and quotes from newspapers. I think they work quite well, but I'd love to know if other people agree, and if anyone has any suggestions for further formatting changes.

Well now I will have to download these fresh versions to replace the previous versions downloaded from MR. If not to actually read yet again, at least to check out the formatting. I appreciate you are keeping up the ideal of MR providing carefully proofed and well formatted versions of public domain books.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

A couple of people reported minor errors, so I've corrected these and uploaded a new version. The download links previously posted remain valid.