Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Saxguy
Connoisseur
Saxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toys

Device: K-3, Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2013
Moon+ reader Pro on Kindle Fire

I would like to add Moon+ Reader Pro to my KF, but try as I might I cannot fathom it.
I’ve tried to get there using Bluestacks (the android app for PC), which took me over a half day to figure out. Turned out I needed to configure and add various apps to Bluestacks, and now im not sure where I am with it. I somehow managed to get BS to download the Moon Pro from Amazon, but try how I will, I cant see how to get it from there and onto my KF.
I spent most part of yesterday at this, and some of today. Im just nearly at the point of wiping everything and forgetting about it, but before I do I thought I would come yet again with cap in hand and ask the forum members for help. God I feel old…!
Saxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
sladesteelesoul
sladesteelesoul began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
What I did was buy off the amazon app store with my phone first. then with the permission to download apps from other sources turned on i was able to get it from my cloud even though its not technically a kindle app. download to ur phone first. i cant get the widget shelves to work but other than that it works fine
sladesteelesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:58 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

Moved from calibre\devices - this seems to be a better location
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I bought it from Google Play using my android tablet. Then I backed up the app using ES File Explorer and then transferred it over to my Fire.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Can you get it from Amazon or Google Play to an iphone and then to the reader?
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:58 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I bought it from Google Play using my android tablet. Then I backed up the app using ES File Explorer and then transferred it over to my Fire.
you cannot usually back up and move paid apps like that. your method only works with free, unprotected apps. this app maybe an exception, but usually all of backup programs are not allowed to back up paid apps. ( assuming a non-rooted tablet)

So usually there are only 2 solutions ( both a tad dodgy)
1. root the google tablet & use a "certain program", which is not allowed to be named here, in order to strip the licence checks, then back it up & sideload.
2. convince yourself ( and anyone looking for an argument) that because you paid for it once you are now "entitled" to a pre-hacked version & go use google to find one ( & hope it is not malware infected).

But in this case, as amazon store sells the app ( though it will not deliver to KF) there is a 3rd, fully legal, way which is how I did it:
. install the amazon store app to your google tablet & register it to same amazon account as your KF.
. use a PC to go to amazon store and buy moon reader pro for delivery to your google tablet.
. now, because, its an amazon app, not a google play store one, the backup and sideload process will work. Amazon will licence check it when you open it on KF, but you will pass that licence check as you own the app in your amazon account.

PS the same solution works for mantano premium, which I prefer to moon reader pro, as it honours the original CSS better,

Last edited by cybmole; 06-27-2015 at 03:00 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #7
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
You can use ESFile to copy/move & install both paid versions of MoonReader & Mantano as that is what I have done on my Fire HDX 8.9. Better yet one doesn't need to actually copy the app onto the Fire but just have the Fire do the install with ESFile which really copies the app to a temporary cache prior to prompting to install.

Don't know why but MoonReader won't go to the Fire from the GalaxyTab Pro 8.4 but it will do so readily from the Nexus 7!!!!

Interestingly, I found that the Bookerly can be selected for MoonReader Pro to use as the default font; haven't tried it on Mantano yet, nor Aldiko. Doesn't seem to be as heavy (thicker(?)) as the Literata.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:18 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i don't doubt that it worked for you but that is not the norm. google confirms that "protected" i.e. paid for apps cannot be backed up in non-rooted android 4.1 or later
e.g. this http://nelenkov.blogspot.ru/2012/07/...elly-bean.html
'From Jelly Bean and forward, paid apps in Google Play are encrypted with a device-specific key before they are delivered and stored on the device.'.

i suspect your nexus is running an older-than-jelly-bean version of android and that's why you were able to do it, and that your galaxyTab is not which which explains that outcome also.

i sideloaded the bookerly font into mantano but did not rate it and reverted to caecilia which I had previously sideloaded , so I have the same font set as default for all my readers/reader apps. I did note that I got exactly the same lines per screen/words per line counts with bookerly as with caecilia.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
But in this case, as amazon store sells the app ( though it will not deliver to KF) there is a 3rd, fully legal, way which is how I did it:
. install the amazon store app to your google tablet & register it to same amazon account as your KF.
. use a PC to go to amazon store and buy moon reader pro for delivery to your google tablet.
. now, because, its an amazon app, not a google play store one, the backup and sideload process will work. Amazon will licence check it when you open it on KF, but you will pass that licence check as you own the app in your amazon account.
And this should work for the OP using Bluestacks in place of another Android device.

Saxguy, I'm assuming since you used Bluestacks that you don't have another Android device.

If you have Moon+ Pro from the Amazon appstore installed in BlueStacks you should just need to backup the APK using a file explorer like ES or Astro.

Next copy said APK to the Fire (or what I do is save it in Dropbox and access it through the Dropbox app I have installed on the Fire).

In order to install it on the Fire you need to have set it to allow third-party apps. Settings--->Applications, toggle on Apps from unknown sources.

Go to the APK using your preferred file explorer and tap it and have the package installer install the app.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post

i suspect your nexus is running an older-than-jelly-bean version of android and that's why you were able to do it, and that your galaxyTab is not which which explains that outcome also.

i sideloaded the bookerly font into mantano but did not rate it and reverted to caecilia which I had previously sideloaded , so I have the same font set as default for all my readers/reader apps. I did note that I got exactly the same lines per screen/words per line counts with bookerly as with caecilia.
The Nexus 7 is running lollipop 5.1.1 & still able to get apps over to the Fire HDX; the Nexus 7 was still able to send apps over to the Fire when the Nexus was using KitKat; still unrooted.

The Galaxy Tab Pro is running KitKat; my theory is that it was the resolution difference but don't really know why some apps have problems.

Also, I DID NOT sideload the Bookerly font; it arrived with whichever update of the Fire OS; was thinking of adding it but don't even know where the Fire locates the fonts nor the location of its books. Looks to me that MoonReader Pro just "knew" that it was running on a Kindle & found the fonts? Or did a search for the location on it configuration since there were other font selections with "Amazon" as part of the font name. The fonts I added preceded the MoonReader fonts & so is not part of the sort sequence that MoonReader lists.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote