Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
foxglove
novice
foxglove began at the beginning.

Device: calibre reader
Transferring AZW format from computer to Iphone

I'm brand new here, and I'm using my iPhone 4 as a reader. Last night I downloaded a book to the Stanza app on my iPhone, and read the entire thing. I decided I wanted to try the Kindle app today.

I tried to download another book from the same siteManyBooks, and they offer downloads in AZW (Kindle) format. I downloaded Clouds of Witness to my desktop, then tried to figure out how to get it into the Kindle app on the iPhone.

After searching the forums, I downloaded iPhone Explorer, and it works a treat. I browsed my iPhone to Apps/Kindle/Document/ebooks and saw the free dictionary that downloaded automatically from Amazon in AZW format. I then dropped the Clouds ebook from my desktop into that folder on the iPhone. It shows up as the same size document it looks to be on my computer. But when I open Kindle, only the dictionary downloaded from Amazon shows up. The Clouds book does not show up.

I then synced my iPhone, just in case, then looked in the iPhone browser. Clouds book is still showing up in the iPhone in the appropriate place, but not in the Kindle reader app itself when I open it as if to select a book and read.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
foxglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
As far as I know, Amazon allows only books you've purchased from them to be on the Kindle app. Stanza is better, anyway.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
iphone, kindle, smartphone