Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Book Collection numbering

I have a question about book numbers in a collection. I have several books that are short stories that take place between full book numbers and they are marked as book 7.5 or 7a because the story takes place between the full novels of 7 & 8. Is there a way to do this in Calibre?
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As far as I know Calibre will only accept integers from 1 upwards as the Series number. It would be nice if it was less restrictive and would either allow letters (e.g. 1a) or decimal points (e.g. 1.5) as legitimate values.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Making the series index a floating point number is on my TODO list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Instead of 7.5, I do prefer 7a. Can we have that instead of 7.5?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a preference to set on that or just something to do yet.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Instead of 7.5, I do prefer 7a. Can we have that instead of 7.5?
That's really a display preference the underlying database will still store a floating point number.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
movieking
movieking began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Wasn't this actually implemented at some point? I am sure that I was able to order series using a decimal place, but now I don't see that feature anymore. Am I crazy?
movieking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's implemented in calibre 0.6