Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #106
firehawk12
Enthusiast
firehawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle 3
Alright, I'll give that update a try!

Edit: it seems to install fine, but how do I go back to the default reader? Is that "start nickel"? Because it doesn't do anything when I click it.

(I also have start koreader and start vlasovsoftlauncher which are the two things I installed from this thread)

Last edited by firehawk12; 05-08-2014 at 10:21 PM.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #107
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Alright, I'll give that update a try!

So when I install the new Start Menu, I should delete the launcher.png files?
You should delete the koreader.png to stop the problem you mentioned.
If you aren't going to use an image file to launch a program, you can get rid of those as well. The latest versions of the start menu have some .png that can be used within Nickel, the Kobo UI. If you want to use them, you should do a regular install of the start menu.

Luck;
Ken

Yes, Start Nickel should get you the Kobo start/home page. If you haven't changed the option it would still be set to alternate between starting in the menu and starting in Nickel, so you could try just powering off and on again.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #108
firehawk12
Enthusiast
firehawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Yes, Start Nickel should get you the Kobo start/home page.
Weird, unfortunately when I click it nothing happens... perhaps I need to uninstall it and try again?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #109
Cyphox
Connoisseur
Cyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 4 NT
just installed the latest coolreader as described in op

could someone please tell me how to delete entries from coolreader's "recent books"-list??
there a trashcan-icon in the lower left corner, but i cant figure out how to use it?!? if i click on it, nothing happens.

second thing: the exit button in the launcher-menu doesnt work. reboot and power off work fine. bug?

im using a glo with fw 2.10

edit: using 3.3.1 now, exit works now, but i cant use the light button (no big deal) and sleep-mode + power off via power switch doesnt work.

and i still have no idea how to delete entries from "recent books"

but all in all coolreader is WAY better than the stock-reader from kobo.

edit: testet again with fw 3.1.1, now the light-button and power-switch are working, but AGAIN exiting coolreader/launcher menu (return to nickel) doesnt. is there ANY WAY to figure out which version of coolreader is created for what firmware.
im guessing fw3.2.0 is my last hope now for getting a fully functional coolreader.

edit: with fw3.2.0 everything works fine now. FINALLY!! THANK GOD!!!

Last edited by Cyphox; 05-28-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Cyphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #110
MrDrWatson
MrDrWatson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
I installed koreader, only the release on the 24th May works in my Aura HD, I don't think I'm missing much from the 1st June release.
MrDrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #111
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still on the 20 May nightly, but more importantly I am still running the 3.2.0 firmware and using the Kobo Start Menu.

Edit: I am using the current builds and FW 3.5.0, with KSM v4, now.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-08-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #112
Angiogram
Angiogram began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi Guys. I'm new here. I just happen to discover about koreader on this threat. It sounds interesting. But I'm new to eReader especially kobo aura hd is my first one. The question is, does koreader render arabic text properly when doing reflow or even not on reflow mode? Anybody who have tried reading arabic text please share your experiance. Thanks guys.
Angiogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #113
Ken Maltby
Wizard

It shouldn't hurt anything to try it out, your other software will be unaffected.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #114
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Thank you for your work. I have two problems hopping you canhelp me.

1. May Kobo Start Menu lead Coolread?
2.Is there any possibility that KoboLaunch or Kobo Start Menu can lead a Web Browser like the original system of Kobo?

look forward to your reply!
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #115
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
Thank you for your work. I have two problems hopping you canhelp me.

1. May Kobo Start Menu lead Coolread?
2.Is there any possibility that KoboLaunch or Kobo Start Menu can lead a Web Browser like the original system of Kobo?

look forward to your reply!
Tshering's "Kobo Start Menu" will provide a couple of ways to start both Koreader and the Coolreader - if they are installed.

Tshering has mentioned that he is working on adding an internet browser of sorts, much like the Kobo one, to the Start Menu. He was planning a new version in the near future.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-12-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 AM   #116
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Tshering's "Kobo Start Menu" will provide a couple of ways to start both Koreader and the Coolreader - if they are installed.

Tshering has mentioned that he is working on adding an internet browser of sorts, much like the Kobo one, to the Start Menu. He was planning a new version in the near future.

Luck;
Ken
This is a wonderful news, I will install your CoolReader. Thank you for all your excellent work!
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 AM   #117
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Finally took the plunge and and installed it today, but there's a few things I can't figure out. Installation went exactly as it should, so I don't think I screwed up anything, your instructions are very clear.

But one thing is that the light remains on with the sleep cover closed. If it matters, I installed KOReader v2014.04-630 on firmware 3.5.0 on a Glo.

The other thing I thought KOReader could do is to enlarge images to full screen from within epubs, but I can't find anyway to do it (or I was mistaken about reading it in another thread). Also I can't seem to zoom in on any PDF. I've hunted through the Wiki and tried going through all sorts of options, but can't find a real zoom.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 AM   #118
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
But one thing is that the light remains on with the sleep cover closed. If it matters, I installed KOReader v2014.04-630 on firmware 3.5.0 on a Glo.
If you start Koreader when the light is On, it doesn't recognize it as such.
You have to press the light button at least one time from inside Koreader.
After that, I think, it will work as expected.
At least, this is what happens if I suspend it with the power button.
embryo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:31 AM   #119
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Doing has the light now turning off with the sleep cover as it should.

It seems to lock up quite often though and the only option then is a soft reset. I originally thought it was a particular book, but it happens with all books I've tried so far.

Edit: And one more issue, the bottom bar with the page number is miniscule. Is there a way to enlarge that?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #120
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
It seems to lock up quite often though and the only option then is a soft reset. I originally thought it was a particular book, but it happens with all books I've tried so far.
Do you use Kobo Start Menu?
Quote:
And one more issue, the bottom bar with the page number is miniscule. Is there a way to enlarge that?
Edit Defaults:
Code:
DMINIBAR_HEIGHT = 7             -- Should be smaller than DMINIBAR_CONTAINER_HEIGHT
DMINIBAR_CONTAINER_HEIGHT = 14  -- Larger means more padding at the bottom, at the risk of eating into the last line
embryo is online now   Reply With Quote