Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Device: iPod Touch
Kindle fire, Europe availability?

I was kind of wondering when / whether the Fire will be coming to Europe at any time.
The release date is set for November this year, but that's in the USA.

Some of the other fairly recent kindle models aren't available yet either... so...

Has anyone tried importing any yet, and what sort of cost would we be looking at.
Mom has an interest in getting one when it becomes available, so I'll probably need to arrange one somehow :P
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The apps aren't available in Europe (yet), so the Fire would be of limited use before an official release. Also, the Prime streaming is not available, either, which is supposed to be a good feature.

I would wait until it becomes officially available. Any other Android tablet would do pretty much the same things for a user in Europe, I think.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The apps aren't available in Europe (yet), so the Fire would be of limited use before an official release. Also, the Prime streaming is not available, either, which is supposed to be a good feature.

I would wait until it becomes officially available. Any other Android tablet would do pretty much the same things for a user in Europe, I think.
Well She had the pandigital tablet, but it was horrible. Wouldn't use that thing for toilet paper If I had a choice. And, I doubt e-paper would scrape very well anyhow....

The kindle fire seems a lot more responsive,. and cheap in comparison to most of it's android brethren.
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote