Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #46
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Woo I knew if I waited, I could get a Reader in my price range Thanks for the tip. I may have to retire my Axim X50v.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #47
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
First I tried my Swiss billing address, in which case their online shop only accepted payment by wire (at an additional $25 charge, plus the usual wiring costs). So I called their 1-800 number and the guy confirmed that this is the currently only valid payment method for intl. transactions.

So I went to plan B and had my girlfriend make the order (she is from the US).
How do you have time to have a girlfriend, read, do MobileRead, and etc.

hahahah.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #48
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Damned - I think its over.

"Coming Soon
The estimated delivery date cannot be determined."
Try to refresh. Still works here!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #49
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Any one thought about a 'fake reader' ?

Kidding!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #50
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
How do you have time to have a girlfriend, read, do MobileRead, and etc.

hahahah.

Don
Well his gf is in the US

edit: just ordered mine, but it says delivery in 2 days despite fact that it is shipping UPS ground 3-7 days. Also my order said backordered yet it would ship on Jul 6. Ill take that as good news

Last edited by volwrath; 07-04-2007 at 10:13 AM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #51
charged
charged began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Regarding my PayPal payment (US account) still on pending... they said it would go through within the day (since the money got already deducted from it).
Keep in mind that 7/4 is a holiday in the US and almost all banks are closed. You may have to wait until tomorrow before you see that the payment is sent.

I'm sure glad I ordered one of these last night. You guys are fast!
charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #52
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmm. Maybe I need a second Reader.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #53
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Try to refresh. Still works here!
Have tried it ... still doesn´t work.

Are there some German Guys ..we can share cost ..?

Last edited by joblack; 07-04-2007 at 10:57 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #54
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Sweet, this is friggin awesome!!! At this price, I couldn't resist picking up one for my wife to enjoy. To make the pot even sweeter, I still hadn't used my other Sony card the first time, so I'll be getting a $100 off my first purchase! So, you know what that means... Sony just bought me a free Reader (minus the $9 for shipping). Can't beat that, now to figure out what I'd like to pick up from the Connect store with my $50 credit...

Thanks for the info, I just hope Tiger doesn't slump on the deal. Here's to hoping it leaves the warehouse before they change their minds.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #55
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
+64 USD on international shipping

+ VAT???
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #56
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Awesome find, I actually read the repost of this topic before I got to this one (I read posts in reverse, in case I run out of time the newer stuff will still pull up, hopefully, within the past 24-hours). I'm willing to take my chances, not like there is anything to lose. We've dealt with TD quite often at my last job, they're no fly-by-night shop and tend to have pretty good service (especially if you have a corporate account manager).
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #57
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I wish they could keep the Sony PRS-500 at this price: they would sell thousands of them at this price, and the market for e-books would explode (the number of registered members on Mobileread too ;-) ).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #58
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I wish they could keep the Sony PRS-500 at this price: they would sell thousands of them at this price, and the market for e-books would explode (the number of registered members on Mobileread too ;-) ).
Agreed that time is due!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #59
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Dudes!!

I'm totally Pouncing right now!

Does this mean Sony has 6 Jillion readers that aren't selling and are starting to cut their losses?

If they would just ADVERTISE even a little people would buy these things. I'm always getting people asking me, then wanting one.

All it would take is Paris Hilton Staring vacantly at a reader on TV and going... "I loooouuuve it!"
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #60
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
All it would take is Paris Hilton Staring vacantly at a reader on TV and going... "I loooouuuve it!"
Paris Hilton...

- staring vacantly? - YES
- on TV - YES
- going ""I loooouuuve it!" - Three words? Only if someone would get her voice dubbed.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote