Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
EZ Reader & Sony store

I have a 6" EZ Reader, and was given a gift card to the Sony bookstore. I dutifully downloaded ad installed their software, registered my card, and bought couple of books. All of this went fine. My problem is that the software/bookstore does not recognize my reader as a reader--it sees it as an unknown drive on the computer. So I can't transfer my books to my reader. Since the Sony software sees the reader as a drive, it seems that all connections, cables, etc are OK. I followed the directions in the Sony help files for registering my device several times, but no luck. What am I missing that is preventing the software from seeing that it's a "tethered device?"
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
jess4276
jess4276 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro Maroon
What you're missing is a Sony Reader. The Sony Store software seems to only recognize its own device.

I buy from the Sony Store and what you need to do is find the folder on your computer where the files are downloading to. Then you can take that file and transfer it to your EZ Reader manually. If it's DRM you might need to open it in ADE and then transfer it.
jess4276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will need ADE in order to authorize your EZ Reader. Then once the ePub is viewable via ADE, you will be able to move it to the EZ Reader to read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew it had to be something easy like that!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I knew it had to be something easy like that!
Yes, it is something that easy. I have both on my system and all the books I from Sony ADE can handle just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker

I found where Sony was hiding my books, opened them in ADE, and moved them to my reader. Both worked just fine. It was like so much else in life--easy once you know how, and puzzling until you do. Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you, JS, for helping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You will need ADE in order to authorize your EZ Reader. Then once the ePub is viewable via ADE, you will be able to move it to the EZ Reader to read.
Dear JS:

Thank you for posting the solution and helping another!! You made MavisO happy.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote