Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
claudiu
claudiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HD-"country settings not supported" message

I bought a Kindle Fire HD in the UK, while on holiday. Now, back to Australia, I cannot use it at its full potential. I cannot download any application or use the Amazon cloud player. When I am trying to download any app, the message "country settings not supported" pops up.
Any advice?
claudiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
At this point the Fire is US and UK only AFAIK, although I read somewhere that things like the app store were expanding to world wide soon (not sure where I read that). Hopefully someone here will have some kind of workaround for you.

You can of course sideload apps, including other app stores and not use Amazon's app store.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
claudiu
claudiu began at the beginning.

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned that I could sideload apps and not use Amazon's app store (perhaps use any Android app store). How?
claudiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
This tutorial should help...
http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loadi...ndle-fire.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
just got a kindle fire need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
hi thanks for posting the link just got a kindle fire have been a kindle owner since my kindle 2

so this is a big upgrade for me and i could do with some help
any help links or suggestions.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
jembwilliams
jembwilliams began at the beginning.

"country settings not supported"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiu View Post
I bought a Kindle Fire HD in the UK, while on holiday. Now, back to Australia, I cannot use it at its full potential. I cannot download any application or use the Amazon cloud player. When I am trying to download any app, the message "country settings not supported" pops up.
Any advice?
I just fixed this by going Manage Kindle, and setting my address in 1-click settings, and then selecting this address from the pull down menu in Country Settings.
jembwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Work arounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiu View Post
Any advice?
One possibility is to turn off Location Based Services in the More Menu from the Main Screen.

Another possibility is to use a UK IP obtained from this link:

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

Yet another possibility is to mail your unit to a friend in the UK to do all your downloading for you and then send it back to you for reading.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote