Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Where can I download the dictionaries? There is a good selection at Formatted DICT Databases, but their ftp site is empty.
Tompe supplied the answer in another thread here. The dictionaries have been archived by and can be downloaded from StarDict.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Just want to double-check: if I install OI and something goes wrong (or I decide to go back to the original BeBook firmware) all I have to do is apply the latest BeBook firmware as I always do for upgrades, right?
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
Just want to double-check: if I install OI and something goes wrong (or I decide to go back to the original BeBook firmware) all I have to do is apply the latest BeBook firmware as I always do for upgrades, right?
Yes, that's right.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #34
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I tried the live version the day the snapshot was released and had a lot of problems with freezes and crashes. However, based on a comment in another post, I installed it via the firmware upgrade anyway and have not had a single problem since.

If you've had any issues with the live version, flash it instead. Worst case if you still have problems, you can simply flash one of the jinke/beBook firmwares back on.

One thing I'd like to see added in a future snapshot is the key lock option that the default firmware has when you tap the power button. It'd also be nice to have a long press of the power button perform a shutdown.

This snapshot is a lot more usable than the previous releases I've tried, so much so I might just keep it installed this time
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #35
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Is there an OI review/walkthrough somewhere where I can see what are the advantages of OI over BeBook's/Hanlin's original firmware?
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote