Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
kathb85
kathb85 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
Download issue

Hi

I am having problems with a ebook that i have brought and so far everything that Kobo has suggested hasnt worked!!
I can read the book on the Kobo desktop, but when i open the book on the ereader all i get is a blank screen except for the title of the book at the top and then at the bottom it has the chapter number and page 1 of 1.

So far kobo have suggested:
delete the book from the library, sync the ereader, undelete the book then re sync
do a factory reset
log out from kobo ereader then log back in
uninstall kobo desktop then reinstall and re-sync
conect to my library wirelessly

i have also installed kobo desktop on my pc at work and tried that and still no luck

Last edited by kathb85; 10-19-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: missed something off
kathb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I have the same problem with a couple of books, I can read them on my iPhone, my Kobo Vox, my Kobo Wifi but not on my 3 months old Kobo Touch. I will try to do a factory reset on it tonight and if it doesn't work I will go back to the store tomorrow to exchange it for a Kobo Glo. What model of Kobo do you have? Do you have many books on it? Does it have an SD card in it?

Last edited by estelle58; 10-19-2012 at 03:25 PM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
kathb85
kathb85 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
I have a Kobo wireless E-reader
kathb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the process of downloading library on my Touch, will see if I still have problems with the blank pages
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
You could try downloading the book from the website then side loading it using Adobe Digital editions instead of sync'ing your library.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
You could try downloading the book from the website then side loading it using Adobe Digital editions instead of sync'ing your library.
Yep. I have two books that will simply not display anything but a blank page when downloaded through the desktop application.

If I sideload them with Adobe Digital editions, they work fine.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Could you please post links or PM me links to the books with the issues?

Thanks,

Last edited by MDK; 10-21-2012 at 01:34 AM.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover

I did a factory reset, downloaded the 2.1.5 firmware update, deleted books from my device (I had too much books in my library for them to dowload on my device) and synced it with my Kobo desktop. I don't know what did the trick but it worked and my books are fine now