Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
i, Please report back as to what you found and how it worked.

I'm still looking for a replacement battery for one of my 950s.

Thanks!

. . . . Pete
Will do. I can't get to it right away, especially as I have alternatives (a T2 is in the on-deck circle), but oh, the tragedy. Only six inches! Size does matter.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #17
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
http://www.amazon.com/Battery2go-war...rs-950+battery

I've used this company with a razor and it worked well.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
IIRC the batteries Sony use in "no-user-replaceable-parts-inside-devices" have wires and a plug to fit a header on the mainboard.

What they sell seems to be rather a cellphone or photocamera generic battery. In this case it's expensive. Its design is "replaceable-battery" and I very much doubt someone looking for a Sony battery could use it (if one looks for a Sony battery then he has no knowledge on adapting generic batteries and/or electronics).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I know nothing about this merchant. I assume the batteries will be from Hong Kong or China.
http://www.cameronsinobattery.com/54...00bc-prs-900-/
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #20
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
NOTE: The batteries cited in the previous posts will not fit the Sony PRS 950.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #21
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Try this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=5746761
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
That is for the 900, not the 950. The 900 is the Daily Edition.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone think the 650 battery would work in a 950?

If so, you can get one at http://www.newpower99.com/Sony_PRS_6...%20prs-650.htm
Old 10-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #24
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the service manual, they don't appear the same. They are both 3.7volts. Sony parts lists as backordered. So long as the battery fits and it's the right type and voltage, the only difference will be how long it runs, generally speaking.

But this is a tough nut unless someone wants to supply dimensions of the various batteries so you could guess if it will fit.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 AM   #25
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/batt...rs--650rc.html

Looks like the right one, but minimum order is 10 pieces

BobC

edit : Sorry, this is for the 650, not the 950.

Last edited by BobC; 10-10-2014 at 05:04 AM.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #26
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again, none of those batteries look like what was found in my 950.

Here's a photo of what came out of my 950...

Last edited by petercreasey; 10-10-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #27
mrmikel
Color me gone

Every single battery I looked up in a service manual had a different part number. Sony can't have made much money when everything they made was custom.

So long as any replacement is no wider and no longer, it should work, though the run time might lessened.

I found one that looks about right, but it may be too thick:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

Or this one:
http://acrobotic.com/pwr-00009.html

Last edited by mrmikel; 10-10-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #28
petercreasey
Wizard

I wish, but those two don't have the correct dimensions.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Again, none of those batteries look like what was found in my 950.

Here's a photo of what came out of my 950...

We need more then a picture. We also need the dimensions. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
petercreasey
Wizard

J, I don't have my notes with me, but my recollection is that that the length/width is ~3 3/4" x ~2" and I don't remember the thickness except to say it is super-thin.

Sony says the battery is on back order for something like $80 which timing and cost are not palatable...at least not to me.

I'm still looking for a battery from other source(s).